#7 Zerrett in the beginning

21 years old

That goal was beaut.

3 Likes

I think that both Parish and Myers were able to take advantage today , apart from the fact that the Kid battled through in the second half. Little Champ.

1 Like

That goal. I think he settled better after being hit than the rest of the team.

1 Like

Yep. It was like a switch that everyone acted on.

1 Like

Would love him to win a brownlow. He’s been consistent enough.

1 Like

Bleeds red and black.

I loved the way the boys responded to Greenwoods hit.

For me it almost told the story of how Zerrett is regarded within the group. We all know how good he is, but the way the boys responded (and I know they would do the same to anyone who got hit) - but it was almost like, you don’t touch our superstar, and if you do, you’ve got the whole team ready to pounce on you.

8 Likes

Goddard came in ready to kill (love it), Hooker stopped him actually doing it (love it).

9 Likes

I was losing my mind. They had all the momentum, and kicked three in a row. Merrett came back on, and we never looked back.

I was hoping Hooker pulled Goddard away so that he could do the reprimanding instead.

He’s a sure-fire future captain, you’d say, wouldn’t you? He commands such respect and devotion from so young an age.

1 Like

Why do people keep saying we didn’t fire back when Zerrett went down, we kicked a goal about 30 seconds later while the scuffle was happening at chf? They kicked the next few but our intensity if anything lifted after that Zerrett hit, pretty stupid as well, because it unified the team and we were pretty much shoe in to win from there.

1:30 to go in 3Q, Zerrett participated in a group tackle.

Just as the umpire blew for the ball up, Sidebottom landed on Zerrett with an ‘accidental’ forearm to the head.

I reckon he might have been trying to stress test the job that Greenwood did.

Well…

Tbh I reckon we nearly lost sight of the big picture like Hawks did when Lloyd knocked Sewell out. If Zerret hadn’t come on and shown he was ok it could have really gone down hill.
Don’t know about the brownlow, he’s been great but plenty of guys in winning teams getting 30 odd touches, fair way still to go this season though but if we can win 5-6 more he should be in the mix if he continues.

4 Likes

It’s not that big a worry, it only happens once a year.

1 Like

Just listened to Zach on BomberRadio. Geez he is an impressive young bloke.

• Was impressed at how the boys responded to him getting knocked down, didn’t give away free kicks,just went hard at the ball.

• Got knicked in the neck rather than the jaw, thus affected his breathing. Was annoyed that he had to do the concussion test, but apparently you need to if you are down for more than 10 seconds

• Touched on his down game against Brisbane, realises and appreciates that not only does he have high expectations of himself, but the wider football community now has very high expectations of him, which he is relishing.

• Still catches up with Juddy every 4-6 weeks - touched on talking about tagging, and it’s somethign that with experience he will get better at

• We have a lot of great young leaders at the club highlighted Joey who is the more caring type of leader who everyone can just trust, Orazio is the energetic and extraverted leader and himself, he is the more task master in the BJ mould who sets and drives high standards.

• Also spoke briefly about Pigdge and Darcy, and how impressive it has been their first years in football.

What a blessing it is that we have this bloke at our club.

27 Likes

We are lucky to have these five young lads. As a combo they sound like they cover the necessary clubland leadership spectrum.

JD - caring and dependable
Raz - brings the cheek and fun
Zerrett - standards setter and focused
Pidge - takes responsibility to be the big moment winner
Darcy - larrikan type who seems to be social glue for a group.

3 Likes

[quote=“TWatson32, post:2630, topic:1392, full:true”]
We are lucky to have these five young lads. As a combo they sound like they cover the necessary clubland leadership spectrum.

JD - caring and dependable
Raz - brings the cheek and fun
Zerrett - standards setter and focused
Pidge - takes responsibility to be the big moment winner
Darcy - larrikan type who seems to be social glue for a group.
[/quote]Should form a band.

3 Likes

63 Likes