#7 Zerrett in the beginning

He didn’t have a great game yesterday. But it’s a disgrace that everytime he struggles, the whole midfield collapses.

He can’t be expected to do it on his own.

2 Likes

If he isn’t injured he will come out and have a career best game this week. Players of his quality don’t play like that two weeks in a row.

He is constantly learning on how to deal with a tag. He was tagged pretty heavily by Libba, I suspect with time and experience he will be beating these tags, but we have to get use to the fact that he will ultimately have a quiet game once or twice a year.

Zach reminds me of Ben Cousins circa 2000-01 when he assumed the responsibility of carrying the Eagles midfield at a very young age whilst they went about building a midfield around him.

The Eagles at the time really struggled with not much quality in their midfield. Cousins was thrust into the position of being their number one midfielder (and captain if memory serves me correct) at an relatively young age (21/22 perhaps?). Cousins did an amazing job shouldering that responsibility whilst they waited for Kerr, Judd, Embelly, Fletcher and co. to develop and take the strain off him.

We’re lucky to have both Zach and Hepps driving an emerging midfield together for the next few years whilst the club goes about building a group that can support them.

Zach may have been slightly off yesterday but he most definitely will be as good, if not better, than Cousins as an on-field leader in the future.

2 Likes

Are you saying we should put Zerret on Ice while we import a gun or two, & get others up to speed to help him?

10 Likes

Hopefully, bad games like this will be what pushes him to work even harder and take the next step towards greatness.
We all know the kid does not take anything for granted, that’s gonna pay off eventually!

Yes BSD.

Methematically I’d like to see him score more than Cousins, just to make a point, goals on field that is.

His extra curricular activities are his own choice.

1 Like

Needs to finish those shots at goal more consistently. If he can maintain his possessions, keep getting those tackles and adds some goals as well, he could be a chance for the Brownlow one day.

Yep, there’s so much room for improvement with Zerrrett, which is scary!

He will develop his inside game more over the pre season and hopefully positioning in terms of being able to find the goals more often.

He is at his absolute best when he’s getting the 14-18 contested possessions to go with his 15 uncontested.

If Dusty does something silly (on-field) and gets himself rubbed out also, he probably becomes favourite this year!

I saw the FC scum bag almost snap Lonergans spine with a knee in the back. Been a while since we had that sort of cnt in our team. Zerrett should have destroyed Libba, at least make him feel something.

He better not go for that love tap.

Not helped by the constant commentary from McGuire saying he will be in trouble this week.

On his game, one of the poorest games ive seen from Zach, did not go in for the hardball all game, trailed his opponent into every clearance. Need to lift Zach, is clearly tired, but need him to lift.

1 Like

Same as zorkos. He’ll go for a week
Just dumb really

He was throwing up, not well

Gone for a week

Soft if he goes for that. He barely collected the scum. Hit his arm.

2 Likes

& good record as well.

1 Like

Gone

when is the AFL/MRP ever nice to us?

Cotchin and Martin - no prob
Hodge - got him on the third go
Zerrett - one match straight off the bat

1 Like

Lucky we have a rested McG to come straight in for him.