#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Mandatory Essendon 1 week loading applied

3 Likes

So I guess the “good bloke” rule doesn’t apply here. I guess most of us were prepared for a week’s rest but 2 weeks down to 1? Fkn stupid.

Its not the week to Zerrett that is frustrating for me - I think thats fair. Its the total lack of consistency.

2 Likes

Wat.

$2500 fine - 3rd strike:

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/36577000/luke-hodges-tribunal-appeal-fails-patrick-dangerfield-out-of-brownlow-contention/#page1

In the environment we are in it’s fair enough.

It was a stupid thing to do.

Footballs gone to the ■■■■ but it’s inline with everything esle…sadly.

1 Like

Zach let the club down here, but that’s a good lesson for the future. I reckon he’ll learn from it, he’s a great kid.
Fingers crossed this week of rest helps him get back to his absolute best for the two last games to carry us to the finals!

Exactly. The act is worth 1, and that’s fair, but the inconsistency is laughable

3 Likes

I’m guess Freo and Saints didn’t support a bullshit medical report. Whereas Carlton claimed Merrett’s contact was medium.

Know Merrett did the wrong thing but Carlton’s medical reports should just be discarded from this point.

Has that been confirmed that Carlton submitted that?

Yes it is cited in the MRP report as evidence taken into consideration.

Do they appeal? Risk losing him for the suns game which shouldn’t be a real loss I assume.

What could they have possibly said? Bruised arm/rib? That annoys me.

Really feel for Zach. Aside from not punching him, what choice did he have?

3 Likes

FFS

There shouldn’t have even been a ■■■■■■■ “medical report” for that.

■■■■ off AFL. Soft ■■■■ ■■■■■.

4 Likes

The medical report alone didn’t seem it “medium impact”. Anyone know what the report actually said?

Can someone gif the cotchin one from the saints game please. Fark Carlton

I would challenge - would rather him play this week. We need all hands on deck.

Not punching him. There was no need for it, it was off the play and the other player wasn’t expecting it. People can have a go at the MRP all they like but when he did it we all knew he was gone for a week, those are the new rules in play. He let himself and the club down.

5 Likes