#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Absolutely agreed

Agree,

a few games he got less votes than he deserved.

A bit more inside ball and a few more clearances and he is a 25 vote player.

Yes but are all the umpires aware of players who are reported? And; if they are, does this affect they vote after the player has been found guilty of a charge? I ask this because we all know the umpires are supposed to be unbiased. But; I don’t believe it.

He was suspended in round 20 - hardly would have had an effect on any of his games.

Still got the 3 in round 23 when he was clearly BOG.

The whole Brownlow thing is bullshit anyway. Put it aside as a quirky special prize, and ramp up the MVP, with no stupid ambiguous ‘fairest’ label.

3 Likes

Mmm, … I flicked over to check the inevitable result just in time to see a “Dusty” highlight package that included at least 4 don’t argues to the face or throat, … none of them, … nor any of the multitude of other instances AFAIK called a free kick against.

I s’pose it’s all fair as long as they aren’t called??

1 Like

Wish he had given Macavaney the don’t argue, grabbed the medal and farked off.

4 Likes

My father ever since I can remember hasn’t cared re the Brownlow (even when Jobe won it)

I asked him why once. His response was ‘why should I care about an award given by people who I yell at every week because they are shit) at their job’

Fair enough, was all I could say. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Gotta go back to 1996 (debatable) or 1993 (definitely) to find a non-midfielder winning it.

It’s a farce.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve always wondered why the greater AFL public, who spend half their time whinging about how the umpires are terrible and are costing their team games invest so much energy and pride into the Brownlow. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always nice for a player of your team to win something, but there seems to be a major disconnect there.

1 Like

Hepp needs to cut his hair, he’s stealing votes from Zerret

FRANKLIN!!

polled pretty well

Yeah, noticed the same thing. Would be nice to get away with those. The handful of high don’t argues that our team have tried have all been pinged.

Some players (dusty, Selwood, Dangerfield etc) just get to play with a different set of rules.

1 Like

It’s not quite a farce.

Dusty has had the most amazing season, and is the clear standout player for the season.

At least he doesn’t hack the ball like Danger…

ITT and blitz as a whole: who cares about brownlow its a corrupt award.

ZACH WAS ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME EYES

It is basically a midfielder’s medal.

Other players playing elsewhere would have to be a real stand out to win. Are midfielders the very best, of the best players, on the ground and are they the fairest? Time for an overhaul of the rules.

1 Like

Rules. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

2 Likes

To paraphrase Jon Snow: “when rules are bent and broken enough times, they become meaningless”.

1 Like

I agree it’s a midfielders medal, but i also stand by comment in that Dusty was by far and wide the best player this year.

Who was better than him and who deserved the brownlow more than him?

It’s a midfielders medal because that’s where all the best players play.