#7 Zerrett in the beginning

That’s a pretty ridiculous statement to make.
In my opinion.

If the coaches voted on the Brownlow, Zach would have come 4th.

DJR, the AFLCA award is a midfielders medal as well.

AFL CA Final Leaderboard

The Shadforth Financial Group AFLCA Champion Player of the Year Award is presented in recognition of the player who has been adjudged as the Champion Player of the Year based on their performance throughout the Season, as voted by the Coaches (5,4,3,2,1) on a weekly basis throughout the AFL Season.

122 Dustin Martin (Rich)
118 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
78 Rory Sloan (Adel)
77 Zach Merrett (Ess)
76 Tom Mitchell (Haw)
75 Josh Kelly (GWS)
71 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
68 Matt Crouch (Adel)
68 Sebastian Ross (StK)
68 Dayne Zorko (Bris)

http://aflca.com.au/

Fk off dal santo

6 Likes

What the hell?

He is only contracted for what, the next 5 seasons, and signed an extension at the start of the year.

Really is silly season.

1 Like

That is pure click bait. Worked, because I clicked on it and many of you may have also. Lets make up some inflammatory controversial imaginary deal and get another 50,000 views of our article.

1 Like

Lmao

what a moron…

Zerrett worth more than every pick from 1-20 put together.

4 Likes

Yeah Nick,lets trade out our best mid when we r looking for elite midfielders when there’s very little available. What a flog

1 Like

Dal Santo gives no consideration to the fact Zac plays for another Melbourne based club and hasn’t indicated he is wanting to leave. Just pure nonesense. Only reason you consider 2 top 10 picks for Zac is if there was a go home factor.

I’m not sure two would be enough.

2 Likes

To Dal Santos credit. He was speaking with his St Kilda hat on. He said it would be a perfect scenario for them. Similar to Cooney or Lloyd saying Essendon should go hard at Dylan Sheil because he would be a perfect fit. Yeah he would but this isn’t AFL revolution or whatever the game was. It just won’t happen

2 Likes

I wouldn’t take 6, 7 and 8 for him.

5, 6, 7 and 8 possibly.

You just can’t underestimate the value of proven ability in a ~ 21 year old kid.

2 Likes

It’s not just ability that makes him so valuable.

He is literally the main guy driving this club towards greatness.

Zerrett is the type that will literally pull everyone at the club with him. You can see how much the players and coaches and everyone at the club loves, and most importantly respects him.

There is a lot of Luke Hodge, Michael Voss about him.

4 Likes

Seems harsh mate

4 Likes

New highlights video of Zachy. This kid will drag the rest of the team with him to our next Premiership. IT is so good to see us building a really strong young list around Zach and Joe. Good times are coming.

11 Likes

at the end of his career, hes gonna need a highlight reel for all the times hes sucked players in for 50m penalties

3 Likes

Love the work with Fanta.

There was some talk in the Heppell thread of how Zach didn’t deserve AA.

Posting my reply here.

Zach very much deserved his place in the AA team. He is one of the most damaging players in the game, and he does it being tagged every single game.

There’s 3 types of players in this game I reckon.

Those who never get tagged (Matt Crouch)
Those that they don’t bother tagging, ie too good. (Danger, Dusty)
Those that get tagged week in week out cause there’s belief they are taggable (Zerrett)
Remarkable what Zerrett does with a bloke hanging off him every second of a game.

2 Likes