#7 Zerrett

Yeah, noticed the same thing. Would be nice to get away with those. The handful of high don’t argues that our team have tried have all been pinged.

Some players (dusty, Selwood, Dangerfield etc) just get to play with a different set of rules.

It’s not quite a farce.

Dusty has had the most amazing season, and is the clear standout player for the season.

At least he doesn’t hack the ball like Danger…

ITT and blitz as a whole: who cares about brownlow its a corrupt award.

It is basically a midfielder’s medal.

Other players playing elsewhere would have to be a real stand out to win. Are midfielders the very best, of the best players, on the ground and are they the fairest? Time for an overhaul of the rules.

Rules. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

To paraphrase Jon Snow: “when rules are bent and broken enough times, they become meaningless”.

I agree it’s a midfielders medal, but i also stand by comment in that Dusty was by far and wide the best player this year.

Who was better than him and who deserved the brownlow more than him?

It’s a midfielders medal because that’s where all the best players play.

That’s a pretty ridiculous statement to make.
In my opinion.

If the coaches voted on the Brownlow, Zach would have come 4th.

DJR, the AFLCA award is a midfielders medal as well.

AFL CA Final Leaderboard

The Shadforth Financial Group AFLCA Champion Player of the Year Award is presented in recognition of the player who has been adjudged as the Champion Player of the Year based on their performance throughout the Season, as voted by the Coaches (5,4,3,2,1) on a weekly basis throughout the AFL Season.

122 Dustin Martin (Rich)
118 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
78 Rory Sloan (Adel)
77 Zach Merrett (Ess)
76 Tom Mitchell (Haw)
75 Josh Kelly (GWS)
71 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
68 Matt Crouch (Adel)
68 Sebastian Ross (StK)
68 Dayne Zorko (Bris)

Fk off dal santo

What the hell?

He is only contracted for what, the next 5 seasons, and signed an extension at the start of the year.

Really is silly season.

That is pure click bait. Worked, because I clicked on it and many of you may have also. Lets make up some inflammatory controversial imaginary deal and get another 50,000 views of our article.

what a moron…

Zerrett worth more than every pick from 1-20 put together.

Yeah Nick,lets trade out our best mid when we r looking for elite midfielders when there’s very little available. What a flog

Dal Santo gives no consideration to the fact Zac plays for another Melbourne based club and hasn’t indicated he is wanting to leave. Just pure nonesense. Only reason you consider 2 top 10 picks for Zac is if there was a go home factor.

I’m not sure two would be enough.