#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Was the best midfielder on ground on Sunday in a team full of stars, he is such a gun.

7 Likes

Pick 26.

Steal of the Century.

3 Likes

For real? I didn’t see any of it. Do they do stats for these things.

As aside there is a doco on the AFL website about the first of these hybrid tours in 1967. Worth a look.

Good players they may have been but they were also thugs. Zac doesn’t need to play that way.

Yep.

Fyfe was BOG mainly due to match winning series of overs and the actual goal (which was awesome)

Zerrett was everywhere in midfield and used it very well I thought. As he does in the AFL

Hibbo & Simpson were unbelievable mopping up from defence. And BJ actually did a great job as goal keeper.

Was a really enjoyable game to watch

3 Likes

The Age review singled out Zach for poor disposal.

the age is sh#t

11 Likes
ZACH MERRETT — 9 (out of 10)

Arguably the best in the Australian midfield. He won plenty of the footy and was generally pretty clean in possession. He worked hard all afternoon and produced the type of no-fuss performance fans have come to expect from him. A class act.

1 Like

Had 36 disposals. Had a hand in almost every over we kicked.

Was awesome.

Media outlets having Dangerfield in the best is ridiculous. It’s as if they saw he played and put him in the best automatically.

Fyfe on the other hand. Wow.

3 Likes

He was clean. Hit targets and if it didn’t reach someone of the full, it bounce once and we were able to continue moving the ball forward.

Since Roco left Fairfax, their knowledge of football has dropped… massively!

My votes were
3. Fyfe
2. Goddard

1. Simpson

(Zac and Hibberd were stiff)

Hey Joel, he’s already a better player than you and doesn’t need to duck his head for every cheap possession either.

8 Likes

“He’s still got a long way to being a great bloke though.”

1 Like

only cos Hirdy was picked in the 20th century…

1 Like

There are 84 more drafts to go this century.

Are you sure you haven’t gone off too early?

3 Likes

I agree. Call it now. It wont get any better than Zerrett!

I’m excited by the possibility that Zerrett May be our second most important mid before long. Heppell could well be back around fourth.

just wondering who you have as first and second most important mids in front of him atm… or are you saying that he is 1st atm but McG and/or DP may leapfrog him soon? if the latter - I see it coming too…

Yep. Latter. MCG is going to be sensational. Parish might get close but dunno if he’ll go past Zerrett.

1 Like

Also thinking Smith could be up there but that’s going by highlights reels so…