#7 Zerrett in the beginning

In more positive news…

More #7 on the back of the Essendon jumpers of the little tackers at Auskick this year.

I personally don’t think he got him in the head.

Chose to bump and cleaned him up right down the side. If anything Merretts own arm/shoulder hit his head as part of the bump.

It was a heavy hit that’s for sure but I’d be upset if one of our players got suspended for it.

Sucks that Merrett was then out of the game but it’s a contact sport and things happen.

Ryder got suspended for bumping Dangerfield perfectly a few years back, but Dangerfield’s head hit the ground. Got reversed on appeal though.

Douglas probably very lucky that Merretts technique to pick up ball and turn body protected his head so well.

2 concussions within almost a month.

I half hope they don’t take him to perth next week and let him have a week more to recover.

If he was legit knocked out they likely would but he was up and about and wanting to go back on and seemed fine so I expect he will play Freo

He was conscious and wanted to go back on. That doesn’t indicate anything about what state he was in. He’d want to go back on if his arms got ripped off.

Anyone else notice that Douglas was basically anonymous after that hit?

Played well within himself I thought.

He’s definitely a helmet kind of player. Will play 350 games and infuriate opposition fans.

I watched the replay last night and agreed with your assessment.

Douglas got 1 week.

1 Like

Problem for Douglas was that, although he got Merrett in the side, he actually completely ignored the ball and simply went at Merrett when Merrett had head over the ball.

Has to go accordingly,

4 Likes

Well the positive is he’ll have fresh legs next week.

Will he play next week?

Isn’t that what players who shepherd do all the time?

So long as doesn’t hit high shouldnt matter

was a fine bump but

head was over the ball = reckless = 2 weeks

you can’t claim it was in the play because Douglas didn’t even get the ball, Hooker did.

clear intent to hurt / remove him from the game / blatant cheating

3 Likes

Advice gained at the VFL game today was that the knock was very much at the lesser end of the scale.

2 Likes

After various scientific tests they found a lesser player would have been out a month but apparently young Zach is made of football.

Can feel worse the next morning. Is it his 3rd time he’s been hit in the head the last 3 months? Might have next week off

1 Like

I think Douglas got very lucky

2 Likes