#7 Zerrett in the beginning

This. I don’t think it is a coincidence that Douglas was already angry at Zerrett from a couple of minutes earlier when he was smashed legally.

2 Likes

Zerrert is in a very precarious position. The standard recovery time for concussion is 28 days, he was hit by Douglas 27 days after JLT 1. Either they kept him out of the game for this reason even if he wasn’t concussed (best result) or he’s gotten another concussion and that now means that he needs to miss at least 4 weeks or the consequences of another even minor concussion could very dire AND long term.
For context, I am completeing a post grad in functional neurology which includes a large component on concussion and post concussion syndromes. I’m early in that process and am NOT yet an expert. Also I’m not privvy to any of Zerrets results or history.

1 Like

Im sure the research on the current helmets shows they offer minimal protection. If he’s right to go he plays, if not we rest him another week. Its too long a season and he is too valuable a player to be risked.

3 Likes

If he is out who is going to come in. Redman and release bj into the middle more. Guelfi, Clarke or Mynott?

he’s obviously not replaceable but who is the next best option.

It will probably be Myers, we’ll look slow, Langford will stagnate forward and get dropped the following week.

1 Like

From a Rugby perspective there were studies that showed helmets actually had a negative result due in part because of the false sense of security they give the wearer.

That being said… my boys wear helmets when they play.

6 second mark explains why Douglas was gunning for Zach.

Most of us would be filthy if the role was reversed.

Couln’t take it that he got pinged for htb so he gives a cheap shot bump

1 Like

Zerret gave him a cheap shot in the back of the head after that tackle to be fair. Most here would have taken the opportunity to bump Zerret in Douglas’s position.

8 Likes

One action doesn’t excuse the other but Merrett did give him a little cheapy :grinning:

I don’t mind Zerrett being a bit annoying. He does enjoy reminding people they got dacked.

Proportionate response? Debatable.

1 Like

100% correct, we give as good as we get.

True but it’s not like he buried his head in turf was a little nudge in the back of the head.

1 Like

One thing that footage highlights is just how good a tackler merrett is.

1 Like

Adelaide to contest the charge? Risk it being increased to 2 weeks?
Sure, he is their “hard man” in the mid field, Sloane and Crouch are a bit on the soft side and they don’t want to go 0/2

Fark Adelaide. ! Lets see if the AFL have the balls to back up Christians decision.

According to the coach (on SEN Sat morning) the 2 preseason knocks were not concussions. This is his first (and hopefully last) concussion for the year.

4 Likes

No risk.

Did you see Merrett’s bemused body language? Was like WTF man, got you good but legal. Douglas was fully p!ssed and angry.

If it were a murder investigation, the cops would have brought him in with a sound motive with witnesses to the first event.

Didn’t see that. Yeah I would have gone the bump as well. All the more reason to give him a holiday for f@cking it up!

Its not a risk to be 2 weeks. Its a 10k fine to the club instead. That’s the new rules

1 Like

Some good signs for Merrett

1 Like