#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Wasn’t in our sights because at the time we had identified that we needed to add some speed through the back half which is why we probably reached on Morgan. Not really a like for like. I suspect we were hoping that Darcy Tucker would slide down another couple of picks.
I always like Bonner though, was a mad keen bombers fan too. Was hoping we’d for either him or Mathieson on the night.

As it turns out McKenna has come along in the back half and we’ve now added Saad to the mix. Add Tippa, Hartley, Brown to Parish along with the potential upside of Francis and Redman and it’s not a bad haul.

Is this now the trade thread?

1 Like

Well, we all know that if it’s in the HS, it has to be true. Robbo told us so.

No he’s a restricted free agent, even though he’s been in the system long enough to qualify for UFA, he’s not be out of contact as a RFA so doesn’t qualify for UFA yet. It’s stupid but you come to expect such things from AFL house.

I’d be surprised if he plays considering his recent track record with this issue.

1 Like

EFC have come out and said this is his first concussion. JLT was a migraine and the reported concussion during training in January wasn’t correct.

4 Likes

F*** you :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi is 29 now isn’t he? Might be too old for us and want too much coin.

We’ve got a couple of players coming up thru the ranks, hopefully.

The unlucky bit, was that he collected Merret’s head. And that’s the risk you take when you bump.
FFS - 3 years on, and this rule still isn’t understood - not even by ‘professional’ commentators. You get fucktards like dermie intentionally muddying the waters.

YOU CHOOSE TO BUMP AND MAKE CONTACT TO THE HEAD - INTENTIONALLY OR NOT - YOU ARE LIABLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS

(unless you’re Franklin)

7 Likes

Exactly right. And honestly I think that’s fair.

We all like the bump.

But surely nobody likes seeing dudes unexpectedly get hit IN THE HEAD when they only had eyes for the ball.

2 Likes

Apparently Adelaides grounds for appeal are that the shoulder did not hit the head first.

I would not be surprised if they said that Zerrets head was moving towards Douglas’s shoulder and therefore Zerret actually hit Douglas in the shoulder. Similar thing was claimed when Hannebery’s leg was hit by Hurls head.

1 Like

(or Cotchin)

3 Likes

Or cotchin

1 Like

Oh snap @reboot

Looking at the video, and concentrating on Douglas’s left arm as he approaches, he moves it in front of, and up into Zerrets face. In other words he not only bumped Zerret, but deliberately hit him in the face with his forearm. Its actually 2 head hits, one possibly accidental one quite deliberate and disguised.

Sniper.

The Douglas bump looked vindictive and pre-planned to me. He ran past the ball to deliberately smash our best player out of the match. Should have got 4 weeks!

1 Like

If they can give that Babe from the Dogs AFLW team a game and miss a GF, then Douglas is worth at least six.

"…Crows Head of Football Brett Burton said it was important to give Douglas a chance to clear his name.

“We feel that Richard executed a legal bump and will argue our case accordingly,” Burton said.

“We have thoroughly reviewed the incident and after seeking some independent expert advice we believe that we have a strong argument which we will present on Tuesday evening.”…"

Gr8 news! I hope they appeal and Douglas ends up getting 4 weeks!

1 Like