#7 Zerrett in the beginning

13 touches. He is not 100% right, that is clear. He might test fine, his speed, agility, but you can’t underestimate what impact concussion can have on your awareness, etc. The manic attack on the football is not there, he’s almost playing like he is trying not to get hit in the head again. He is too good a player to be putting in performances like this without something being wrong. It would be a strong decision to rule him out for the next 2-3 games, and more than likely it would be against his wishes. But for his long-term health it might have to be done.

4 Likes

either unwell, horribly out of form, or both.

3 Likes

said in the matchday thread, he’s had 3 concussions in about 5 odd games now (one late last year) he should not have played last week let alone travelled.
poor management of such a high quality comodity, as others have said, doesn’t look anywhere near fit enough to be out on the ground, and i don’t think it’s a fitness thing.

1 Like

Lol he got ironed out against Adelaide and not 1 of his teammates remonstrated and you think somebodies going to put their body on the line for a block. Farkin same thing happened against Collingwood last year. The dude just puts in and in at this club, dragged it off its feet and is gettin farking beat up as a thank you.

1 Like

Nah, when Greenwood clipped him bj and them guy stuck right in

Watching him during a game he’s not able to get to the contest. He looks knackered. I hope they get him checked out by a Dr who’s not 70yo

4 Likes

Cant be right, didnt worsfold say he’s never had a concussion or some such?

Something is wrong. Have no idea what, hope it’s not the head knocks.

I thought Reid retired? I’m sure he’s a well rescpected doctor in the footy buisness but ffs Essendon get a young doctor in

1 Like

Retaliation is one thing, but protecting the playmaker is important. As Hird said, he played with more confidence when he had Wallis nearby.

2 Likes

So hard to win when your best players not performing

Been tagged completely out of it last few weeks. I thought he was tagged last year also but seemingly can’t beat it this year

We had him getting so much ball last year across half back and he was often the one whose kick was able to get to someone within the press and open up the game

factually incorrect

got no idea what age has to do with this, especially considering that Reid seemed to have pretty stern words with Zach in round 1 when he was having a bit of a sook on the bench wanting to get back on.

Correct… its actually 4 in 5.

Apparently copped a pretzel bowl in the head down in the rooms last week.

3 Likes

He has had 3 that i can rmwmeber.

But as ice t pointed out, not in 5 games , man my memory on when we played colllingwood the swcond time around last year was way off.

Still 3 times in about 15 odd games is not good for the young fella

Wow 3 concussions, thats as many as Joel Selwoods entire career if you ask Chris Scott

Yep.
And it has to take its toll, mcphee was never the same after that massive gia hit, kozi just never reached his full potential cos of multiple concussions.

Its gotta be taking a toll on him, no matter what, cos he is normally a defensive animal , and he was just in no mans land on the weekend , just jogging around.

So has Zach been worked out? was he tagged out of it the last two weeks?

Think he is having lingering concussion or something to be totally honest. He was off the ground alot. Only spend 68%TOG.

Should rotate him through the forward line with Tippa more to break the tag. Have them swap at random times etc.

1 Like