#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Another poster seemed to indicate he’s carrying an injury. Wouldn’t surprise me.

They tagged Zaka most of the time.

4 Likes

And I believe a part of that was due to the fact that they would try and curve Zerrett’s influence and found out quite quickly they couldn’t and moved a player to sit on Zaharakis.

I remember quite a few players starting with the job on Zerrett and him finding the pill as if he was in the midfield by himself regardless.

Delist

1 Like

He is not moving like he normally does. His run has been absent and he doesn’t strike me as a lazy player- in fact we know he’s the opposite. Id be surprised if he wasn’t carrying an injury.

One of Worsfold’s earlier pressers this year he made some comments about Zach which seemed a bit odd at the time.

Almost sounded like he was suggesting that Zach might have been sooking a bit at the role he was being instructed to play.

I’m just grateful we didn’t make him captain yet.

With the sh-t being thrown the clubs way on top of his own personal battle with handling a tag it would have been carnage for an inexperienced leader.

2 Likes

Ever since his concussion I’m convinced he’s changed numbers with his brother

I would give him some time off and bring him back after the bye

Has to be injured

Do you actually watch games - Merrett got tagged once or twice for the year - It was Zaharakis who was getting the tag - Clubs should have been consistently tagging Merrett from 2016 - Merrett should thank his lucky stars

1 Like

You are wrong - Stop deflecting and inventing stories - Merrett beat the tag a few times in 2017, but not in 2016.

1 Like

Maybe he has some rather important things on his mind at the moment.

Like being tagged?

There are more important things, believe it or not.

2 Likes

Well, there is no way that can be good news.

Do something different with him for parts of the game. Put him behind the ball or put him in the forward half and get him to play a pressure forward role, change it up. He obviously has to learn how to work through it but in this midfield when everyone is looking after their own game we need to help him by mixing it up.

They did mix it up for him a bit on the weekend. He went forward for a bit. At times he started off the square on the wing.

We really are being hurt by his drop off though. Hope he’s ok and gets back in a good place soon.

2 Likes

I’m not deflecting mate. Go back and have a look at the games or even the highlights.

People in glass houses. You trying to call someone out for “deflecting” or “inventing stories” :joy::joy:

Don’t think he’s getting enough love for his game today. He looked switched on and back to his best, and that tackle on Ablett was magnificent.

8 Likes