#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Yep. Exactly like that. The three week recovery was totally worth acting “unsociable”.

And give them a kiss and cuddle and reassure them that because they have been put on their derriere , that they still have a future in the AFL.

Lol. Nothing wrong with letting an opponent know you’re there. Drink a cup of cement so you can harden up bud

3 Likes

Jesus on toast, Mother of Jesus watermarks from bad plumbing now Zerrett brings us a facial grass imprint of the GOAT.

Did he break the tag or did they not put as much into him? I think a well rounded team performance made it easier for him to get off the chain.

It really felt like him and Heppell were taking tackle scalps all game, as if they were competing with each other.

Have to say it looks good when your C and VC are laying blokes into the turf.

Abblett didn’t even respond, he’s a good bloke, maybe not him zach, save it for siciliy/jed lamb

Zerrett seemed like zerrett of old, like the chains had been taken off him to play his natural game.

horlin smith was with him early and zach was off the leash the whole game, wouldn’t be surprised if geelong gave up.

I noticed he gave the pep talk just before the game. Not sure if this is common or a mini review has led to leaders and players sharing the load and allowing personal strengths to shine through.

Dafuq is this?

It’s great to see!! I wish every player in our team did that

Best game he has played all season.

1 Like

Fark that! I dont care if its mother theresa if there is a player within reach that you can hit within the rules and hurt them you do it

And that’s exactly what we need more of. We need ■■■■■ in our side prepared to ruffle the feathers of the opposition. We’ve been such a nice team for such a long time. Nice teams don’t win premierships

6 Likes

Loved his game. Zerrett tackles are the best.

It’s exactly what we need. It’s what the opposition has been doing to us all year.

1 Like

Jebus Maxx, you can’t take drugs and Blitz.

1 Like

Not alone anyway :smile:

Has he rubbed Selwood face in the grass yet? I can remember in 2016 he shoved Dangerfield’s face in the turf and now Ablett. Walla got Selwood a beauty last year as well as Hurley threw Danger into the fence.
Fair to say we are Geelong bullies.

4 Likes

Loved Smith getting stuck into Blicavs after he gave away that 50.

1 Like

We owe them a decade plus of back pay.

1 Like

Sent a reminder to everyone love him

Zaharakis was the player tagged in 2016 and he struggled at times. - On Anzac Day 2016, Collingwood tagged both Zaharakis and Merrett

I found it interesting that he along with Gaff and Heppell covered the most ground of the night. Mid way through the last quarter the three of them were around 13km each.

What is more astonishing though is the time spent on the ground

Gaff 90%
Heppell 87%
Merrett 75%

Let’s say the game went for 120 minutes
Gaff: 108 minutes
Heppell: 104.4 minutes
Merrett: 90 minutes

Massive effort to cover that much ground by Zerrett in so much less time on ground.

Star.

5 Likes