#7 Zerrett in the beginning

We are so lucky to have this kid play for us

1 Like

Next captain after Dyson

I want him to be captain so fkn bad.

“I think it’s just being a little bit more clear within the group around our structures and systems.

SACK NEELD

3 Likes

Love this bloke. Diamond out of the rough the year our first two picks were taken away.

Random musing but I do wonder if the probable delisting of his brother this year will have any impact on him.

Highly doubt it. Zach is the ultimate pro, so can’t see it affecting his performance.

1 Like

Nah

From a drafting perspective the sanctions may have been a blessing in disguise - it forced us to invest in and focus on our recruitment/drafting to avoid a total collapse. Arguably our two best players - Merrett and Fantasia - were taken in the draft where we were robbed of our first 2 picks.

We potentially could have had Cripps at our 1st and Ben Brown at our 2nd, considering we were looking at Lobb and the next tall forward/ruck was Brown. If things had have fallen that way it would have been the best draft of all time by a country mile.

2 Likes

Tell me, does anyone get more attention than this guy in the comp. He’s handled it very well recently.

2 Likes

Averaging 30 touches and ~13 contested possessions over the past 6 weeks.

Gun.

Adapting his game to combat the taggers.

Freak.

6 Likes

Who taught him to kick and why aren’t they teaching everyone else?

I soooo wanna answer Jackson for the first question. Getting cut for not doing the latter.

3 Likes

Watched the replay today and noticed Zerrett again giving it to the player that got caught holding the ball from his tackle.

Bit unnecessary and have noticed it creeping in across the league.

1 Like

hes done it his entire career.

I have no issue with it.

Zerrett cops plenty of attention himself so can’t see why he can’t get a little back.

Generally good sides play on the edge and we have finally put together a list that has a few of these players on it.

9 Likes

I have no problem with it either. The more players with a bit of mongrel in them the better

3 Likes

It could have been worse…

… He could have patted him on the head

1 Like

Game #100 coming up.

Against the side who overlooked him for Billy Hartung.

2 Likes

If we keep winning they’ll stop.

I’m flying in from Tokyo this (coming) week, but will unfortunately miss Zerrett’s 100. Will be at the Saints game, though, rocking my Bomber’s jumper with #7 on the back. Gun player. Bargain draft pick selection.

2 Likes