#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Nicely timed to rub Hawks nose in it.

They were expected to pick him but went Hartung

1 Like

Black eye wasn’t from the Jones’ punch. Well, the one they got on camera that is.

FFS x2

And it’s a puff piece too!!!

I think he’ll have a blinder!
Daniher played his 100th against the Hawks earlier this year and for how close the boys are I think there’s a bit more in this for us. I don’t think hawks know how hard we’re going to come out.

1 Like

“Looking back on that year that the boys were suspended (2016), to beat Melbourne in round two when we were written off for the whole year was something that was special, but in a different way,” he said.

“And then probably round one (in 2017) when those boys came back from suspension against Hawthorn and to win at the ‘G in front of 80,000 people was obviously a really special feeling and something (we were) really proud to be a part of as a group.”

What a legend.

6 Likes

None, unless it is to make him a better player.

He got the black eye from a head clash with Tippa

6th highest rated player in the comp since round 9.

It will hold us in great stead if zach has learned how to shake a tagger each week.

I hate throwing the champion tag around but Zerrett is well on his way to being an Essendon champion.

Zerrett going to have a big game tomorow and his team mates will make sure he gets the win for his 100th game

1 Like

Should catch the red eye for the next interstate game.

Jape of the year I say.

41 touches.

PB in his milestone game. What a superstar.

Also only played 79% game time. Mitchell played 93%.

Freak.

10 Likes

Rated for TOG, Zerret would have gained 48 disposals. 17 contested , the difference can probably be accounted for by the attention he was getting.

Zerret copped a lot of body punches at stoppages / centre bounces in the Hawthorn game, mostly from Sheils who was given the job on him. Mostly Zerret just concentrated on the game, but did retaliate a few times. Mitchell, by contrast was pretty much left alone. Either Zerret is now able to get around that sort of attention or Shiels is poor at it.

In that game, there was less difference between the performances of Mitchell and Zerret than many would like to think. Mitchell is 2 years older than Zerret. Zerret is following a similar trajectory.

1 Like

Two years older but debuted one year before Zerrett and has played only 6 more games.

No doubt Mitchell is having the better season this year, but I reckon Zerrett is the better player because of that lethal leg plus most teams don’t bother to tag Mitchell whereas they do with Zerrett.

Getting my stalk on. Just bumped into Zach Merrett at The Crown. He was with someone else but couldn’t put a name to the face and it’s frustrating me

Was it Andrew Gaff?

:smirk:

7 Likes

That was whatshisname.

Was he riding on Zach’s coat tails? Cause that’s probably Jackson.

I’m shocking with faces. My wife first noticed it was Zach as he walked behind where I could see. I’ve looked through player roster and don’t recognize him so maybe not a player…Got a photo with Zach though

2 Likes

Haha. No, definitely not Jackson, I’d recogise him. Had black hair. Kind of looked like THE but wasn’t him

Was there an Essendon event on at The Crown? I’m at Dinner at Heston for our 1 year anniversary and all I can hear is people talking about who should be delisted :joy::rofl:

So which players does Zach want to load into the cannon?