#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Merrett is easily our best player. And the fact he’s only 23 is insane. Forget who we can cover etc etc. On pure talent and skill, it’s Merrett.

3 Likes

I don’t think there was any standards being driven in the first half of last year.

But let’s contunue to blame neeld.

1 Like

Not necessarily our best player but if your talking about someone driving the standards at the club it’s hard to go past Smith. His training last pre season was at an intensity not seen at the club in a long time, and his defensive efforts spread to other players which has carried through from the second half of last season and into this pre season

6 Likes

I will always bang on about zach being our best, most consistent and important player of the last 3 years. and HAP will come in about dyson and i will continue to ignore him.

6 Likes

Agreed.

He is where we need to get to as a club if we want to be respected again.

100% effort in the face of adversity.

That’s how history is made.

Whenever you ask supporters from other clubs who they rate it’s always Merrett.

Agree with the above though. If we can get the players to work as hard as Smith then the team will be scary.

@SofStar99 Whoever your sources are I’m glad your on Blitz.

1 Like

I notice you didn’t report back. What did you find?

How is their new boon recruit Tom Lynch going, btw?

5 Likes

Do you remember Zerrett getting knocked out and subsequently being timid for a few weeks after? LOL.

Best player, maybe yes, but in that aspect, Orazio and Francis have him covered, imo.

2 Likes

Yep.

ORAZIO is the best, most talented, most important and - more importantly - my favourite player.

11 Likes

Got a text from a Carlton mate “damn shame about merretts injury” thinking he was done for the year. Get farked.

4 Likes

Think positive . Now he cant get an injury worse than an ankle before the season starts.

1 Like

You sicken me.

32 Likes

Get your point on Baguley… we’re still one of the youngest lists and he helps address this. Speed, fitness, size… got it all covered with the current squad, but the composure in decision making that comes from experience… there is still a slight gap there when compared with the better teams. For that reason, I still rate Brown and even McKernan (on 2018 performance) over Daniher for maturity in decision making… obviously not on raw talent. Merretts a gun but theres quite a few cool heads/leaders. in the middle now. If Bags, Browns and Oraz dont play forward as much this yr, through age, injury etc. I’d like to see Daniher mature in his game, show some more leadership, sacrifice for the team, keep his feet more, kick to the square, run harder to make space… etc.

1 Like

Wow ok.

Joe was rubbish last year no doubt but it was obvious he was labouring and pointed out numerous times on here.

The year prior to that he won our B&F, was elevated to the leadership group and was All Australian.

I judge him on that and believe he will become a dominant force again this year.

Haha, i actually thought this.

8 Likes

you wished you looked as good as Lena Headey covered in garbage.

1 Like

I’d walk through a rat infested wasteland just to see Lena Headey covered in garbage.