#7 Zerrett in the beginning

not himself today

1 Like

What divot did this guy hide under all day. Hardly saw him in camera view.

If he is as unfit as he looks then he shouldn’t be playing.

THAT would be leadership.

Not the insipid outing we saw from him today.

3 Likes

Apparently we delisted the wrong Merrett

If you play, you’re good to go. But he didn’t look good to go.

Then again, the entire side looked cumbersome and sluggish.

Terrible performance from Zach and most others.

1 Like

He looks fat, perhaps he and Saad have been on the same diet this preseason

He looks about as fit as the rest of the list i.e. not very. Be fkd if I know what we spent the preseason doing…

2 Likes

Was nowhere near his best but showed a bit of effort with his tackling and a couple of smothers

Hopefully the AFL Realise that 2 JLT Games is not the right amount of practice games before the season proper.

we have seen lots of sloppy performacnes this last weekend.

We were trying to carry too many underdone players.

question is didd Debooer do a great job on Merrett, or was Merrett unfit?.

I just assumed Deboer shut Merrett out of the game.

Everyone is bagging zaharakis, but at least he looked to be running out there.

Is Zerrett that far behind with his training? He only missed 3-4 weeks of pre-season with an ankle injury so shouldn’t be that ‘unfit’

That depends to an extent on whether the ankle is at 100% or not. He didn’t look as agile or have the acceleration I’d expect.

3 Likes

If they realise that, all they’ll probably do is revert to all clubs playing AFLX again like 2018

If he was fit then he probably should get dropped and if he’s not fit he shouldn’t be playing. That’s how poor he was yesterday.

5 Likes

I don’t think a gameplan includes 2 of our best players (zac and raz) looking like they wanted the oxygen tank more than meatloaf.

4 Likes

Its got that JD 2018 smell about it.

5 Likes

Plenty of other clubs requested and got an additional practice match before the JLT, we didn’t.

Love this bloke, so disappointed with he’s effort on the weekend, can’t help but think he’s under some sort of injury cloud, I agree with the smell of jd about it.

Cameron was fined $2,000 for his ■■■■■■ tackle. None of our boys are in trouble.

F*ck me. Merrett is playing!

This is me halfway through the second quarter.
I had no idea he was playing.

Would’ve taken serious brain damage for an Essendon player’s head to have been worth a suspension.