#7 Zerrett in the beginning

They were.

Maybe they were sacked today :thinking:

Good point :+1:

1 Like

Zach is still playing though?

Those were 2 I noticed watching the replay today. He looked spent by 20 minutes into the first.

We’re too frightened to play any kids, we just stick to the same 22, so we continue to pick players under done, rather than give others a chance.

6 Likes

Delisted the wrong Merrett.

Bring back Jerrett!

2 Likes

He has to be unfit. There’s no way he just trots around otherwise.

And if he’s that bad… Don’t farking play him!

2 Likes

Zaharakis has been putting in efforts like this for a decade and is never dropped so no chance of that happening. I back Merrett to sort himself out quickly

2 Likes

Zerrett will bounce back this week. Nothing surer. The bloke is a jet and a proud footballer/person. Was sucking in the oxygen and struggled to hunt both the ball and man. Will be better for the run and will atone for his poor performance.

2 Likes

Very Very unlike him. He is one of our best tacklers…hunts players down on a regular basis. There has to be something more to this.

6 Likes

Just sounds like he had a really bad day at the office. ill back him to respond next week.

1 Like

We got what we deserved by playing unfit players.
That’s bulld*st from Woosha and we all know it.

Kudos to GWS for not rushing Kelly in underdone, even though it would have been tempting to do so.

Belly, Zac and Fanta should have played in the ressie practice match as a minimum.
A blind monkey could have seen in JLT2 that Fanta and Belly were a long long way off AFL standard fitness.
Just play Clarke FFS, why even pick up the guy if the selectors won’t pick him in the circumstances ?

Saturday gonna be interesting…

1 Like

It was a shocker then if he was fit.

The bloke is usually the definition of desperation. This will be hurting him no doubt. I look forward to seeing what he brings this week.

1 Like

Has to be. I’ve never seen Merrett not try before.

1 Like

Woosha has just said in a press conference that Zach is not injured.

Geelong and Port showed the way in playing kids over perhaps some underdone senior blokes.

Players like Dylan Clarke you can trust will play for their lives Round 1 and would have been a far better option than a half done Merrett.

3 Likes

He was either half fit. Or half interested.

I’ve never seen that sort of malaise from Zerrett. Ever.

Neither reflect well on what’s happening inside the club.

12 Likes

No way should he be dropped. He’s a superstar and will bounce back.

Yeah, bullsh_t Merrett isn’t labouring under some injury cloud, most likely the ankle. It’s almost like he’s reluctant to extend himself for fear of further damage. The half efforts are not in his DNA. Once again, Essendon play supporters and the wider football community for fools. Once again, Essendon play someone who is running at 50% capacity. Hate to say it, but I hope the season blows up in Essendon’s face ‘cause whatever they’re trying to do in making this club competitive again isn’t working. Essendon need a progressive coach/coaching panel who can deliver a game plan that works to the strengths of the playing group and someone who can inspire the group.