#7 Zerrett in the beginning

All well and good caring for each other, but I’d seriously like to see them playing for each other. Hasn’t happened in the 3 games thus far.

Apparently McKenna had a stomach condition causing his stomach to swell to the point where the ball hit the top of his swollen stomach making him drop a simple chest mark.

Rumour is Zahararakis had raised blisters all over his feet, making his boots feel extremely uncomfortable, causing him to regularly kick the ball to the opposition under no pressure whatsoever as he “lost his feel”for the ball.

Let’s hope these conditions clear up before the weekend.

1 Like

From memory it was second QTR but he was slow and lacking effort before it. That footage of him not chasing came from before the tackle.

1 Like

Should never have played him ragardless of he’s input.

1 Like

I get why players do this. Especially if they know they are important to the side. They think they’ll be able to work through it. Well he picked a bad game to roll that dice as the rest of the team stunk.

But given how footy is played, you only need to be a bit off to be found out. Especially against a top team like GWS. That didn’t cost us the match, but as a leader stinking it up it does not set a good example. He could have torn a hammy or done something in the first minute and be out of the match. As a side you then adjust. But it’s like Daniher last year. He is playing below his best, but the team is structured on him being 100%. Same with Zach’s role on Sunday, being out there below par was actually worse than not being out there at all

2 Likes

What hope is there if this bloke is a blatant liar, he must’ve knows Merretts condition

Was it Essingtonitis?

2 Likes

Merrett was scintilating in the JLT at times and looked like he’d gone up a level. Was obvious he was held back by something bugging him

He’s done.

I’d have dropped him. Those efforts are unbecoming of what he is about, and what he has shown in his career. But I’d have liked to make a stand for the sake of the team after last week, and dropping a guy like Zach would send a massive statement.

If he had a virus and played when not fit, then he is selfish and deserves to be dropped for putting himself in front of the team.

As a club I want to see us be ruthless in every thing we do. I think the message that would have been delivered would be good for the long term … for him, and the team.

Now he stays in the team I want to see him dominate Saturday obviously!

1 Like

Name a team that has dropped their best player to make a statement? Like you said, it’s not his usual standard. Players who repeatedly ■■■■ up get dropped. Dropping your best player after one bad game doesn’t send a good message at all.

2 Likes

Dal Santo - Ross Lyon.

LOL

Mark down Merret for 30+ disposals on Saturday.

1 Like

Wasn’t dal Santo a big name player?

Sorry i’m more laughing because i thought there’d be at least a few in the last decade.

Fair enough. This is the first that comes to mind. I have to admit, I’ve hardly watched non Essendon games in the last decade.

Yeah there’d be others. Not very common though. I’d rather they back him in. He’s usually so ■■■■■■ good.

Established players don’t get dropped at all at Essendon. Only young kids. And look where our tactics have got us the last 15 years. So something radical might make a difference and awake us from the Bomber malaise
I also wouldnt be dropping him for the bad game - it would be for insipid half hearted efforts and/or declaring himself fit to play if he indeed did have a virus that “excuses” those pathetic efforts

He had a virus and should NOT have been playing. Short and simple answer.