#7 Zerrett in the beginning

May I politely request a gif of the Viney tackle?

2 Likes

6 clearances too. Pretty massive game.

1 Like

Massive call.

And wrong.

1 Like

I second this request.

He used to be fabulous at it don’t get me wrong. But I saw a number of contests today where he could have gone harder, but waited a spilt second so he would be second to the ball.

I don’t blame him at all for this and I reckon his concussion was maybe way more serious that what we’ve been led to believe.

Viney might like to take a week or two off for that elbow stuff.
Thought Zerretts kicking was incisive he really cut them up. Obviously not 100%, but that’s what he gave tonight. Very well done

1 Like

Absolutely. I noticed it. He doesn’t go nearly as hard when the pill is on the line anymore. He legit shirked a few contests tonight. Is that because the concussion is playing on his mind? Maybe

Nevertheless, he was really good tonight. But yeah, I watched him sit back a few times

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind him playing a little more ‘outside’ to be honest, he’ll always have a well balanced game but I’d rather use his kicking more often and we don’t exactly need him inside the contest as much as we used to

Brought back the huge rundown tackles and defensive efforts that were hallmarks of his earlier years

The best Zerrett lays massive tackles and runs both ways, has elite left foot kicking and great handballing, he’s a bit off the pace atm seems to be getting his fitness back

I am not so sure he is shirking. I have a feeling the coaches are instructing him to play more outside and stay back to receive at the contest. It might be to develop him as an outside player more or it might be because they are worried about his concussion hits and don’t want more of them, or a mix of both. To me it looked less like shirking and more like tactics.

4 Likes

Matter of opinion and I dont doubt his courage but he just looks like someone who’s worried about concussion

Either way, he was still good

1 Like

You’d hope the club is supporting him if the issue is related to concussion.

1 Like

Ageeed. Massive improvement from the first 2 rounds but at times looking a little hesitant. Positive is he should only get better, was great last night

1 Like

FWIW was BOG according to CD:

2 Likes

His pressure was off the charts. Good to see him find other ways to impact when he needs to.

Did you get permission from @chris_64 to post this?

3 Likes

He has all the tools needed to emulate Smith’s defensive ability.

McGrath and Parish do as well.

That tackle on Viney was frickin awesome.

9 Likes

He’s back

1 Like