#7 Zerrett in the beginning

This young bloke is all heart. Bleeds :red_circle: :black_circle:

That goes towards explaining the lack of intensity they showed. The weather was humid which would have set them back with that mindset. And they had the mother of all fumbles. All in all it was a crap way to start of the season.

We’ve posted how a number of the players are impressive in their determination and how they go about it - their professionalism. That pride and hunger for success would have been tested after that game. Looks like they are back into the right mindset and this has translated to playing skilful competitive footy.

2 Likes

The most pleasing thing is that they are not making excuses for the start to the season.

I would be worried if they were blaming fitness or gameplan or any such thing.

They realise that if they want to be successful its all up to them.

1 Like

Only saving grace is that it took them just 2 games to figure it out, not 8…

4 Likes

It’s what Worsfold has made clear to the players. It’s a cliché but it’s relevant, you can take a hose to water but you can’t make it drink. The coaches have a key role to play, but unless the players want it enough and do what has to be done - because that’s what the players genuinely want - then success will most likely not happen.

1 Like

The warning signs were all there in JLT1 and JLT2. Probably says a bit about how seriously the club takes the JLT games - I wonder if we will see something different next year given how hard it is to just flick the switch.

and the coaches saw it too but couldn’t get them right. That bathwater is powerful stuff. Then again Worsfold told them to embrace the hype.

A lesson learnt by all.

I was concerned when I heard him say that. If you embrace the hype in the Melbourne footy fish bowl with social media these days, then the players’ heads will be bigger than god knows what

Most teams that do well these days are talked down during the offseason

Richmond 2017, Adelaide 2017 somewhat, Pies 2018, West Coast 2018

1 Like

True, but the really disappointing thing is that they let it happen again at all after last year.

1 Like

they should stick to the Lid On thread

Indeed…

1 Like

lol - I hate auto-suggest

I also hate the fact I don’t check better

1 Like

A measure of our improvement this year.

1 Like

gun.

2 Likes

Cannon.

1 Like

Playing great now. I still reckon he’s got another gear. Still a bit fumbly at times

1 Like

It’s pretty simple. If you don’t tag him, he will dominate you.

2 Likes

39 touches
16 contested
9 tackles

Multiple orga$ms

5 Likes

Has been the leading pressure player on the ground 2 weeks running