#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Downgraded from elite.

Won’t sit under a high ball, half hearted soft attempts at tackles (Ablett walked through one and goaled)

Is a good user. But he’s miles off the best mids in comp.

1 Like

Definitely not the player he once was.

Had little impact today.

Now that we have Shiel in the team we should be playing Zach more on the outside anyway. Move Zaharakis into the guts and let Zach play on the wing.

It would be best for Zach and for the team.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that he gets his head smashed into the ground every game or 2 and isn’t protected by the umps

1 Like

Yep, he is really second guessing contests and that’s effected every part of his game. The high ball he didn’t sit under in the first half was illuminating. I hope he can work through this. We badly need Zac at his best.

He has literally gone backwards. Its a concern. I’ll back him in to turn it around, but fk me he is really, really soft at the contest now. He’s gone from a inside player where he was awesome, to waiting for the easy kick outside.

He’s still pretty good, but he could be a whole lot better. He’s not producing what we know he can do

Why did he start of the bench? Geelong the first goals!!!

maybe he’s another player that’s been told by the coaches not to run past other teammates to tackle

Soft efforts crept back in today, disappointing

trailing behind all game, something is not right with him

Zerrett and Zaharakis need to swap roles.

Zaharakis has always been at his best when started on the inside

6 Likes

Yep, last 2 weeks he’s been less effectual. He plays his best when he hunts the ball / player. First 2 rounds… embarrassing. Next 3… back to his best. Last 2… racking up the numbers but little intensity. Something is up?

I love the guy but that one handed marking attempt was no good.

The least of our concerns.

2 Likes

Was at the game today and watched him closely a few times.
Looked exhausted even in the 1st quarter.
Made some poor decisions and wrong options.
Not playing with instinct today.

as someone else mentioned awhile back how much are the multiple concussions affecting how he plays ?
this is not the same zerrett as previous years, this is jackson merrett with the ability to get the ball more out there atm.

He, like most of his teammates need to learn how to tackle, far too many 1 armed attempts with poor foot work on the approach.

I’m his biggest fan, and still think he has been our best player over the past 3 years.

But he often plays for the free kick which infuriates me.

He is at his absolute best when he is inside, playing a very high pressure role and is focused on the defensive aspects of being a mid. The disposals will come naturally to him, so he needs to focus on the small defensive things.

STOP PLAYING FOR FREES

I wonder whether he is reactive and holds back to put his body on the line following concussion.
May get better as he regains his confidence.