#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Saad eats them all for breakfast and still has room for pancakes.

2 Likes

I think the big difference is he’s kicking in less space now. He’s inside the pack a lot more than he was 18 months ago so he’s under more pressure. He is still a beautiful kick of the footy.

6 Likes

I agree that it’s more difficult when it is congested and in tight but I was referring to when he has time and space I still don’t reckon he’s as precise as he was. Don’t confuse this with me not thinking he is a good player, but just an observation.

3 Likes

I think McKenna is the best kick we have going into the forward line.

2 Likes

Zach Merretts kicking ability is massively overrated.

1 Like

I can’t stand this thread.

The expectations on Zerrett is ridiculous.

He has turned himself into a much more inside ball winning mid, and with that his DE will suffer a bit. He is still an excellent spot kick and can hit those 90 degree kicks that only so few in the AFL would have the balls to do so.

Like i’ve always said, he is a strong A grade mid right now, but the expectations on him are so high that he should be the best player in the comp. I still have hopes that one day he might have a season where he is the best player in the comp, but in all honesty, i’m actually pretty comfortable to have a top 15 mid in the AFL at our disposal.

6 Likes

IMO he’s kicked terribly the last few weeks, maybe month.

2 Likes

I know Merrett coped a knock early but his lack of intensity before the incident is concerning. Half efforts as captain for the day was poor. The 2019 version of Merrett is something we haven’t seen since he debuted in 2014. Hope Saturday is his on week

Our protection of this bloke though late 17 and all though 18 was disgraceful imo. Regularly targeted no backup from anyone was probably my worst memory from our team particularly last year…No coincidence that round 1 this year some one hit Merrett from GWS and it was Ambrose remonstrated then made someone from GWS pay later (I would like to think Mark Harvey had threatened a Sheeds 81 call to pull the boots on himself.) Again the other week against Hawks Impey hits Zac and it was only Ambrose who was trying to even up later on in the game…BRAVO

Ambrose out maybe Zac doesn’t feel as confident and quite frankly who could blame him. Super player and a terrific attacking kick should be made comfortable to do his work mostly on the outside he is still a tough little bugger on the inside and can play it well just needs to be allowed to walk taller.

2 Likes

Was great tonight
Well done Zach

4 Likes

Immense

2 Likes

Second half was vintage Zerrett.

3 Likes

Shaky early.

Some vintage zerrett at the end though.

That pick up…

1 Like

work rate was crazy good

1 Like

He couldn’t kick, then he could kick. Weird game but wrapped he turned that kicking around.

1 Like

Those goals made him BOG, he looked quick, sharp and safe.

the sealer

5 Likes

Very very good tonight. 2nd best on behind McKenna for mine.

Should have really kicked 4 goals. An absolute soda missed and just touched on the line the other

2 huge goals when it counted to shut up Bruce

1 Like

Great to see him show his old zip.
Really gave him some space and time to use his skillz.

2 Likes