#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Once he found a chance to break away and find a fraction of space. Dead eye zac was back.

Is he back in form???

I truly hope so.

I haven’t been in here to give Zachy a wrap for a while, but hugely deserved tonight. Just wish I’d have traded him into my SuperCoach team this week.

Wow, this is the peak Zerrett that we’ve missed. He’s been good but not this good since 2017 when he was a Brownlow smokey.

2 Likes

Played with an edge.

Was fired up, aggressive and passionate.

Massive performance.

2 Likes

I actually like the way the ball JUST crosses the goal line.

It’s like it’s saying “Oooh, SOOO close…but…nope you’re done.”

1 Like

Was Woosha saving him for the second half?
Was it just me or did he seem to spend a fair bit of time on the pine in the first half and then blitzed them in the second half

It was more than that.

It was like he flicked a switch and went from missing targets and just floating through the game… to being an unstoppable force for good.

Could it just be a matter of hitting a good vein of form? I don’t know, but the difference seemed so stark.

That last goal where the bouncing ball just held up and teased the chasing crows players before taking that last hop over the line was gold. 22 disposals in the second half, just Fkg destroyed them. Was easily BOG IMO. Pyke did nothing about it either. The damage he does with ball in hand is what separates him IMO. On his way to becoming a top echelon midfielder of the competition.

1 Like

I’ve been noticing this a bit lately. Extended stints on the pine and also playing him off half forward. Perhaps the inclusion of Shiel and particularly Clarke in at center bounces has meant that his role has shifted a little. Also thought he had been down of late (particularly his kicking) but, together with Brown, he turned the game in the second half.

Reminder to crows players, don’t fumble the footy when Zerrett is ready to pounce.

Clarke has definitely taken the pressure off some of our guns to do the heavy lifting so they can focus more on what they are good at. I reckon it’s helped Merrett, Shiel and Heppell

1 Like

Loved the play where he got the ball 5 times in the second quarter and found the open man deep in the goal square was amazing. the Vision of him on the boundary showed he was completely gassed.

Gut running!

according to final siren zach is the 5th best player does anyone know how this is calculated?

Just looks like it’s the rankings of total fantasy points.

Obviously skewed because Zach has played an extra game than everyone else listed bar Crows and Bombers

We’re so lucky to have this guy one our list. He’ll win a Brownlow one day.

Love that his favourite team mates to play with are Ambrose and Clarke.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the missus utter this once or twice

6 Likes

Who was the woman interviewer on MMM?

Gotta have some fit, bigger blokes on every line that can get to contests, bullock and make space for the runners. No surprise he likes em

1 Like

Should have kicked 4!

Missed a soda and had one touched on the line.

Could it be a directive for him to get forward more often given how good he is with the ball in hand?

Huge criticism this year that our mids don’t kick enough goals