#8 Ben Hobbs

Future captain.

1 Like

Amazing grunt just needs to watch handballing to a teammate who is already under the pump. It happened a few times last night.

1 Like

Who doesn’t at Essendon? I’m just glad his handpasses usually hit their intended target without hitting the turf first

2 Likes

I like this one. Any opportunity that arises to put this kid in the middle must be taken.

1 Like

Weird title [in the now-merged thread].

My take from last night was how much class he displayed. First AFL game where he consistently displayed “it”.

3 Likes

Has time and space when few others do, a sign of a good player, and plays with a real physical presence. Something we have missed for a looong time.

4 Likes

Little bit lid on there.

Is different to our other mids in that he scraps for first touch in the contest. It will be good to watch him grow into a more complete player, and I have high hopes he’ll be genuine star.

4 Likes

It’s a bit funny because I reckon that with all the gushing hopefulness that young players are usually afforded when early in their EFC career- this guy to me I reckon moght be underestimated (by some).

I think he is an extremely promising fixture of our future midfield.

7 Likes

he just takes the contact, and does something ■■■■■■■ no one on this team does, if he doesn’t have a clear disposal when getting tackled he just holds the ball for a ball up

3 Likes

Will be the next captain after Zac

Love this guy.

4 Likes

After Parish and Merret, he would be next chosen in the midfield. You know he will go hard at the ball and will rarely lose a one-on-one. I don’t always feel the same about some of his team mates. (He is also becoming quite clever in the way he is using the ball.)

1 Like

He will become our best inside mid. He is a beast in the contest and is not afraid of contact. Hangs on to the ball, takes contact and delivers the ball by hand to the best option.

Because of this he offers something different to parish and sheil who both win contested footy, but its the loose ball they win, and parish in particular doesnt like contact, hobbs loves it.

1 Like

Is Libba the best comparison of what Hobbs could become for us?

With Hobbsy, celebrating that performance.

You can always tell how frustrated Hobbsy gets at himself when he makes an error, which just screams future champion to me. His desire to make up for his own mistakes is something I’m not sure I’ve seen from another Essendon player for at least 15 years.

1 Like

He’s a beauty

I agree

Doing a Randy Marsh impersonation in front of his computer.

2 Likes

I’m guessin on here with a new name that starts with B.