#8 Jason Winderlich

I got really excited every time he was named. So often provides that spark, but just can’t get on the park enough. That 4-goal game against the Dogs was huge.

One of my wishes in my letter to Santa is that we re-sign him and he makes it through the pre season unscathed.

Fingers crossed for the pre-season. As others have said, he's a missing link in the team - when he's in, we're soooo much better.

Gippy boy too. Gotta love that.

As above. 

He was the reason we beat the Bulldogs.

He runs past team mates to get into defensive positions. He sprints past team mates to present at the ball carrier.

If we had 22 players with the ambition and drive of Licha, we’d be unbeatable.

Instead of hoping he can get 22 injury free games next year. We should be marking down the games we want him playing, and set him for it. I just can’t see him getting more than 3 games in a row.

Winderlich did actually play 9 games in a row this season at one point. 6 before the bye and 3 after it.

I’d be more inclined to change that up a little so he’s not playing more than 3 or 4 in a row next season.

I get the feeling no one in the media watched that WB game because that goal deserves more than the zero mentions it has got all year....

Many years ago I went to a game with work and we had Robert Shaw give us a talk about tactics before the game. He said that there was this first year player by the name of Jason Winderlich who he thought would be one of the best on our list. He then said that the way Jason plays the game is the future of the game (ie extreme foot speed, lots of midfielders). Robert was correct and I look forward to round 1 when Winderlich and Dempsey start on the ground together. Watch Out AFL.

love the way he goes about it.

Many years ago I went to a game with work and we had Robert Shaw give us a talk about tactics before the game. He said that there was this first year player by the name of Jason Winderlich who he thought would be one of the best on our list. He then said that the way Jason plays the game is the future of the game (ie extreme foot speed, lots of midfielders). Robert was correct and I look forward to round 1 when Winderlich and Dempsey start on the ground together. Watch Out AFL.

Robert told me that Winders was our next Hird. Certainly had the talent and also deceptively tall for his speed.

Let's hope he doesn't want to coach :P

our team looks so much better with dempsy and winders in it

great player always somewhere dangerous on the ground

like someone else said id love to see him and dempsy go a full season without missing

our team looks so much better with dempsy and winders in it
great player always somewhere dangerous on the ground

like someone else said id love to see him and dempsy go a full season without missing

Like Bewick and Long, but instead of waiting three years it's forever.

Dat 150 meter lead against the Dogs  :wub:

If only he was 3 years younger

Winders one of the first selected every week .

Just my opinion,but I think Winders is somewhat of a barometer,when he’s up & about we’re a dangerous side.

His pressure & gut busting runs are immense,just wish he could play a full season injury free,poor bloke has had more than his share of injuries…

Has re-signed for 2014.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-26/licka-resigns-for-2014

Licka re-signs for 2014

By Staff Writers  Exclusive to essendonfc.com.au 10:38am AEST Thursday, September 26, 2013

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce forward, Jason WInderlich, has re-signed for season 2014.

An unrestricted free agent, Jason had attracted significant attention from a number of rival clubs but has agreed to a new one year deal with the Bombers.

The 28 year old said he could never walk away from the football club he‘d supported since he was a child.

“I‘ve been at the club for 11 years now, I barracked for Essendon as a kid and I couldn‘t see myself playing in anything other than the red and black jumper.”

“It was an easy decision really, this year we played some really good football and proved we‘re certainly on the right track to achieving success, and I certainly want to be part of our push for a top four finish next season.”

“Personally, I‘m really excited about moving out to the new facility, I think it will provide the players and club with a fresh start for season 2014.”

Assistant coach Simon Goodwin said Jason‘s commitment to the club can‘t be questioned.

“Jason is a senior leader of the football club and for him to put the club before himself sends a really positive message to the rest of the playing group,” Goodwin said.

“Licka is highly respected amongst the coaches and playing group, he‘s a really smart footballer and he reminded us again this season of just how crucial he is to our forward structure.”

List Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Jason‘s decision had reinforced the belief the club is headed in the right direction.

“Jason‘s loyalty to the club is terrific, he could have earned more money elsewhere but he loves the club and wants to be a part of the future success of this talented playing group,” Dodoro said.

“Licka will take a lot of confidence out of his performances this season, his body is in terrific condition and at 28 years of age he‘s really at the peak of his powers.”

Saw him kick 8 in the VFL in 2013. He was UNSTOPPABLE.

LEAVING IN DROVES, WILSON. 
DROVES. 

I'm having a really, really ■■■■ day.

Or at least, I was.

This has made me very happy.