#8 Jason Winderlich

Winder placed on LTI…

It might be over. Damn.

Shaun McKernan brought on.

8wks minimum Doc Reid said IIRC

Makes sense to put him on LTI

Hope he can get back on park for latter half of season.

Quoted Post

Winder placed on LTI................

It might be over. Damn.

Hope l am wrong, but l don’t think he will be back.

I think you are.

I wonder if there may even be a bit of ducks & drakes afoot,… in that we really want him for the back end anyway, & he may even be on a 10 - 12 game contract.

His “back” going now, let’s us get SMc in now, which we likely need much more than Licha at this point.

Stranger things have happened… & Unca Sheeds is #backin.

Windy Hill Flu = Tullamarine Disc slip.???

Quoted Post

I think you are.

I wonder if there may even be a bit of ducks & drakes afoot,… in that we really want him for the back end anyway, & he may even be on a 10 - 12 game contract.

His “back” going now, let’s us get SMc in now, which we likely need much more than Licha at this point.

Stranger things have happened… & Unca Sheeds is #backin.

Windy Hill Flu = Tullamarine Disc slip.???

I’m pretty sure the AFL medicos have to sign off LTI’s

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Look, it's just my view. I said last year he should have been allowed to retire - I didn't rate his games outside the back half, and we are over-flowing with backline options. Given the stories about the shape of his body, it would always be a long shot that we would get that much out of him.

Sure, in draft picks keeping him around doesn’t make a huge difference, just a 3rd round rookie pick. But it would be a chunk of salary cap between him and a 3rd round rookie, and it would have been a chance to add another tall and maybe some more balance to the list. Obviously this might never have happened, but how much better would the list look if we’d taken Mitch Brown with our 3rd rookie pick?

I really just mentioned it because I thought it was a bad decision at the time, and I’m a little angry at the club with the move, and upset for Winders that this is how he may go out. He’s always been an unlucky guy.

This is a reason the club struggles IMO, Sentiment over running the club like a business.

In a perfect world we’d all love Winder to be out there for 26 odd games a year. The reality was he was going to be lucky to play 15 at best.
Then you add ontop of that the mentality save him for finals, sure hey you over there play 20 odd games this year, but if we make it to the finals, you’re not playing cos we’ve got Winder set up for that spot.

in the end it doesn’t look like much, as some say it’s one spot, pick 70 odd whatever. You can’t run a success onfield business when you’re banking on injured players not being injured. Happened with gumby and continues to happen.

from a club pov they’ve gotta be more ruthless.

from a player pov you’ve just gotta feel sorry for the bloke, loves essendon, essendon loves him and he just can’t get out and do what he loves doing.

This is what has built our culture, and why players-through such huge adversity over the last couple of years, have stayed loyal.

Whatever we may deemed to have lost on a few individual cases of what you deem as sentiment, we have got back in spades in what we are calling in 2015,and what truly is- the ‘fabric’ of our club.

While I agree that it’s the reason we have the culture we have, however since mid 2000’s the landscape of the game has changed and like it or not it’s ultimately a business now.

You can run it on sentiment and go no where, or run it like a business and hopefully succeed.

Gutted for the bloke.

AND any successful yoghurt too don’t forget, … so…

Did someone call?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Look, it's just my view. I said last year he should have been allowed to retire - I didn't rate his games outside the back half, and we are over-flowing with backline options. Given the stories about the shape of his body, it would always be a long shot that we would get that much out of him.

Sure, in draft picks keeping him around doesn’t make a huge difference, just a 3rd round rookie pick. But it would be a chunk of salary cap between him and a 3rd round rookie, and it would have been a chance to add another tall and maybe some more balance to the list. Obviously this might never have happened, but how much better would the list look if we’d taken Mitch Brown with our 3rd rookie pick?

I really just mentioned it because I thought it was a bad decision at the time, and I’m a little angry at the club with the move, and upset for Winders that this is how he may go out. He’s always been an unlucky guy.

This is a reason the club struggles IMO, Sentiment over running the club like a business.

In a perfect world we’d all love Winder to be out there for 26 odd games a year. The reality was he was going to be lucky to play 15 at best.
Then you add ontop of that the mentality save him for finals, sure hey you over there play 20 odd games this year, but if we make it to the finals, you’re not playing cos we’ve got Winder set up for that spot.

in the end it doesn’t look like much, as some say it’s one spot, pick 70 odd whatever. You can’t run a success onfield business when you’re banking on injured players not being injured. Happened with gumby and continues to happen.

from a club pov they’ve gotta be more ruthless.

from a player pov you’ve just gotta feel sorry for the bloke, loves essendon, essendon loves him and he just can’t get out and do what he loves doing.

This is what has built our culture, and why players-through such huge adversity over the last couple of years, have stayed loyal.

Whatever we may deemed to have lost on a few individual cases of what you deem as sentiment, we have got back in spades in what we are calling in 2015,and what truly is- the ‘fabric’ of our club.

While I agree that it’s the reason we have the culture we have, however since mid 2000’s the landscape of the game has changed and like it or not it’s ultimately a business now.

You can run it on sentiment and go no where, or run it like a business and hopefully succeed.

but theres this thing called corporate culture, the two can, and do co-exist

Football is not a business. Football is about winning footy matches & flags. Fans don’t demand dividends they demand winning. Clubs don’t even need to be financially viable as the AFL & richer clubs prop them up. But absolutely the business segment of a footy club is important as being flushed with $$$s helps fund the support facilities, so the business of footy is one piece of the puzzle which needs to be solved to improve the chance of success.

Quoted Post

Did someone call?

I still don’t get that ‘meme’.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Did someone call?

It was about the same time as this:

Anything to do with St Kilda’s culture is always funny.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Terrible List management? Fair suck of the sav. The draft penalties farked us here. Firstly, the club rightly believes we are a chance this year. Rather than beginning a rebuild they have done some renovations (The less risky of the two options) in the hope of an expedited premiership delivery. Do you honestly think it was worth our freeing up Licha's list spot in order to pick a guy at 95 in the draft? Or do we manage Licha, a proven match winner, through one season getting him cherry ripe for finals. This isn't latter era Sheedy list management lunacy, it's the club doing it's best to have a crack at a flag.

eh, he himself said his body was shot, resigned to the fact he wasnt up to afl standards anymore in terms of body stability.

proven match winner? yeah sure, but hes only on the park for 50% of the season, and when he’ll be on the park is anyones guess

so essentially we kept him on the list on the chance that he is available for finals and on the chance that there is noone else to replace him, despite having a plethora of half back flankers who are ready to stake their claim

despite that he was talked out of his state of retirement… you only do that when you KNOW what you are going to get, if ever

could have had long/ mckernan on the senior list… chances are one of them will now but thats not really the point

im sorry but i agree with ants, thats terrible list management

not to mention the fact that winders now has another back problem that hell have to carry for the rest of his life

hirdy won the bnf in his last season but still retired, so its not like its foreign for players to retire on good form… should have pulled the pin for good

20/20 hind site. Congratulations on your summary.

Good season last year. Pulled the pin because “body is shot”. Then decided that body wasn’t shot and he could manage it. Decided to play on after the Tigers had a crack at him. Good on him.

New disc problem - can’t really manage that. Worth sticking with given the draft sanctions, too bad so sad.

Cry me a river and get over it.

to be fair af94 did say re-signing was a bad idea at the time. good revisionism though.

Quoted Post

to be fair af94 did say re-signing was a bad idea at the time. good revisionism though.

Hairy ■■■■.

At least he is consistent.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Did someone call?

Lactobacillus.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Terrible List management? Fair suck of the sav. The draft penalties farked us here. Firstly, the club rightly believes we are a chance this year. Rather than beginning a rebuild they have done some renovations (The less risky of the two options) in the hope of an expedited premiership delivery. Do you honestly think it was worth our freeing up Licha's list spot in order to pick a guy at 95 in the draft? Or do we manage Licha, a proven match winner, through one season getting him cherry ripe for finals. This isn't latter era Sheedy list management lunacy, it's the club doing it's best to have a crack at a flag.

eh, he himself said his body was shot, resigned to the fact he wasnt up to afl standards anymore in terms of body stability.

proven match winner? yeah sure, but hes only on the park for 50% of the season, and when he’ll be on the park is anyones guess

so essentially we kept him on the list on the chance that he is available for finals and on the chance that there is noone else to replace him, despite having a plethora of half back flankers who are ready to stake their claim

despite that he was talked out of his state of retirement… you only do that when you KNOW what you are going to get, if ever

could have had long/ mckernan on the senior list… chances are one of them will now but thats not really the point

not to mention the fact that winders now has another back problem that hell have to carry for the rest of his life

hirdy won the bnf in his last season but still retired, so its not like its foreign for players to retire on good form… should have pulled the pin for good

Good season last year. Pulled the pin because “body is shot”. Then decided that body wasn’t shot and he could manage it. Decided to play on after the Tigers had a crack at him. Good on him.

New disc problem - can’t really manage that. Worth sticking with given the draft sanctions, too bad so sad.

i thought it was a fkg ridiculous idea at the time

20/20 foresight

fk off

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

i thought it was a fkg ridiculous idea at the time

20/20 foresight

fk off

Even a broken clock is right twice a day