#8 Jason Winderlich

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Did someone call?

I still don't get that 'meme'.

It was about the same time as this:

Anything to do with St Kilda’s culture is always funny.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Terrible List management? Fair suck of the sav.
The draft penalties farked us here.
Firstly, the club rightly believes we are a chance this year. Rather than beginning a rebuild they have done some renovations (The less risky of the two options) in the hope of an expedited premiership delivery.
Do you honestly think it was worth our freeing up Licha's list spot in order to pick a guy at 95 in the draft? Or do we manage Licha, a proven match winner, through one season getting him cherry ripe for finals.
This isn't latter era Sheedy list management lunacy, it's the club doing it's best to have a crack at a flag.

eh, he himself said his body was shot, resigned to the fact he wasnt up to afl standards anymore in terms of body stability.

proven match winner? yeah sure, but hes only on the park for 50% of the season, and when he'll be on the park is anyones guess

so essentially we kept him on the list on the chance that he is available for finals and on the chance that there is noone else to replace him, despite having a plethora of half back flankers who are ready to stake their claim

despite that he was talked out of his state of retirement.... you only do that when you KNOW what you are going to get, if ever

could have had long/ mckernan on the senior list... chances are one of them will now but thats not really the point

im sorry but i agree with ants, thats terrible list management

not to mention the fact that winders now has another back problem that hell have to carry for the rest of his life

hirdy won the bnf in his last season but still retired, so its not like its foreign for players to retire on good form.. should have pulled the pin for good

20/20 hind site. Congratulations on your summary.

Good season last year. Pulled the pin because "body is shot". Then decided that body wasn't shot and he could manage it. Decided to play on after the Tigers had a crack at him. Good on him.

New disc problem - can't really manage that. Worth sticking with given the draft sanctions, too bad so sad.

Cry me a river and get over it.

to be fair af94 did say re-signing was a bad idea at the time. good revisionism though.

Quoted Post

to be fair af94 did say re-signing was a bad idea at the time. good revisionism though.

Hairy muff.

At least he is consistent.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Did someone call?

I still don't get that 'meme'.

Lactobacillus.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Firstly, the club rightly believes we are a chance this year. Rather than beginning a rebuild they have done some renovations (The less risky of the two options) in the hope of an expedited premiership delivery.
Do you honestly think it was worth our freeing up Licha's list spot in order to pick a guy at 95 in the draft? Or do we manage Licha, a proven match winner, through one season getting him cherry ripe for finals.
This isn't latter era Sheedy list management lunacy, it's the club doing it's best to have a crack at a flag.

eh, he himself said his body was shot, resigned to the fact he wasnt up to afl standards anymore in terms of body stability.

proven match winner? yeah sure, but hes only on the park for 50% of the season, and when he'll be on the park is anyones guess

so essentially we kept him on the list on the chance that he is available for finals and on the chance that there is noone else to replace him, despite having a plethora of half back flankers who are ready to stake their claim

despite that he was talked out of his state of retirement.... you only do that when you KNOW what you are going to get, if ever

could have had long/ mckernan on the senior list... chances are one of them will now but thats not really the point

not to mention the fact that winders now has another back problem that hell have to carry for the rest of his life

hirdy won the bnf in his last season but still retired, so its not like its foreign for players to retire on good form.. should have pulled the pin for good

Good season last year. Pulled the pin because "body is shot". Then decided that body wasn't shot and he could manage it. Decided to play on after the Tigers had a crack at him. Good on him.

New disc problem - can't really manage that. Worth sticking with given the draft sanctions, too bad so sad.

i thought it was a fkg ridiculous idea at the time

20/20 foresight

fk off

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

i thought it was a fkg ridiculous idea at the time

20/20 foresight

fk off

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

BUMP -

Quote from mattmcp at last night night's sponsors event:

"Some great news regarding Licha. He said that he could have played last week and has been held back because he is on the LTI. He is raring to go which is great. This is great news as earlier in the year he was concerned that he might not get back"

Brilliant news.

Honestly don't believe it was ever that bad, if hurt at all really. Only ever wanted half a season at most from him, & all in the back half.

Plan may have been on since he re signed. Gave us a chance to get SMcK up for a run too.

Can anyone clarify the rules on the mid season rookie upgrade btw?

Honestly don't believe it was ever that bad, if hurt at all really. Only ever wanted half a season at most from him, & all in the back half.

Plan may have been on since he re signed. Gave us a chance to get SMcK up for a run too.

Can anyone clarify the rules on the mid season rookie upgrade btw?

I think anyone can go the mid-year upgrade. It's the start-of-year upgrade that is limited to clubs with a particular split between main roster and rookie roster numbers.

I think.

I'd love to see Jake Long get a a game this year

Any one player can be upgraded mid-year. If you don't have a full complement of senior players on your list, you can nominate rookies as substitutes during the pre-season and they can then be upgraded at will.

Otherwise it requires a LTI.

Cheers Deej. I've never been quite clear on it either.

Are you saying you can only upgrade a rookie mid year if you have 41 on the list or less Ants?

A simpler question might be, can we make a mid year upgrade? Doesn't allow 43 post mid season, does it?

You can't just delist one & swap either .. ?

No chance of that happening. For starters he's out injured for 6 weeks. Then when he comes back he's going to have to show a lot more than he already has.

No chance of that happening. For starters he's out injured for 6 weeks. Then when he comes back he's going to have to show a lot more than he already has.

Wow talk about being a pessimist. Be cool yo, it's a long season

The Licha news would be great if it felt like the club was heading somewhere this season.

At the moment, it just seems like he'll be just another old bloke in his last year blocking the path of somebody younger to get important games into them.

Oh well, it's Licha I guess, and I do like the guy.

The Licha news would be great if it felt like the club was heading somewhere this season.

At the moment, it just seems like he'll be just another old bloke in his last year blocking the path of somebody younger to get important games into them.

Dustin Fletcher says hello

Dustin Fletcher says hello

Really? Cool.

Tell him hello back from me.

Such as?

We've seem with Langford the massive step from VFL to AFL, he doesn't look ready. Maybe he is holding back someone like Browne in the near future but hopefully Browne can find his feet in the 2s for a while. Plus with Browne, it's been so long since he has played in the seniors he will almost be in the same boat as Langford.

Then there is someone like Leverde who is a kid but they can probably drop a couple of others to get him into the team.

Winders is either HBF or small forward and right now, we have no small forward so I doubt he will be holding anyone back.