#8 Jason Winderlich

BUMP -

Quote from mattmcp at last night night’s sponsors event:

“Some great news regarding Licha. He said that he could have played last week and has been held back because he is on the LTI. He is raring to go which is great. This is great news as earlier in the year he was concerned that he might not get back”

Brilliant news.

Honestly don’t believe it was ever that bad, if hurt at all really. Only ever wanted half a season at most from him, & all in the back half.

Plan may have been on since he re signed. Gave us a chance to get SMcK up for a run too.

Can anyone clarify the rules on the mid season rookie upgrade btw?

Honestly don’t believe it was ever that bad, if hurt at all really. Only ever wanted half a season at most from him, & all in the back half.

Plan may have been on since he re signed. Gave us a chance to get SMcK up for a run too.

Can anyone clarify the rules on the mid season rookie upgrade btw?

I think anyone can go the mid-year upgrade. It’s the start-of-year upgrade that is limited to clubs with a particular split between main roster and rookie roster numbers.

I think.

I’d love to see Jake Long get a a game this year

Any one player can be upgraded mid-year. If you don’t have a full complement of senior players on your list, you can nominate rookies as substitutes during the pre-season and they can then be upgraded at will.

Otherwise it requires a LTI.

Cheers Deej. I’ve never been quite clear on it either.

Are you saying you can only upgrade a rookie mid year if you have 41 on the list or less Ants?

A simpler question might be, can we make a mid year upgrade? Doesn’t allow 43 post mid season, does it?

You can’t just delist one & swap either … ?

I'd love to see Jake Long get a a game this year

No chance of that happening. For starters he’s out injured for 6 weeks. Then when he comes back he’s going to have to show a lot more than he already has.

I'd love to see Jake Long get a a game this year

No chance of that happening. For starters he’s out injured for 6 weeks. Then when he comes back he’s going to have to show a lot more than he already has.

Wow talk about being a pessimist. Be cool yo, it’s a long season

The Licha news would be great if it felt like the club was heading somewhere this season.

At the moment, it just seems like he’ll be just another old bloke in his last year blocking the path of somebody younger to get important games into them.

Oh well, it’s Licha I guess, and I do like the guy.

The Licha news would be great if it felt like the club was heading somewhere this season.

At the moment, it just seems like he’ll be just another old bloke in his last year blocking the path of somebody younger to get important games into them.

Dustin Fletcher says hello

Really? Cool.

Tell him hello back from me.

Such as?

We’ve seem with Langford the massive step from VFL to AFL, he doesn’t look ready. Maybe he is holding back someone like Browne in the near future but hopefully Browne can find his feet in the 2s for a while. Plus with Browne, it’s been so long since he has played in the seniors he will almost be in the same boat as Langford.

Then there is someone like Leverde who is a kid but they can probably drop a couple of others to get him into the team.

Winders is either HBF or small forward and right now, we have no small forward so I doubt he will be holding anyone back.

fletch has been saying hello for the last 10 years

tiny difference

Bring in the Dusch.
Oh wait…

Such as?

We’ve seem with Langford the massive step from VFL to AFL, he doesn’t look ready. Maybe he is holding back someone like Browne in the near future but hopefully Browne can find his feet in the 2s for a while. Plus with Browne, it’s been so long since he has played in the seniors he will almost be in the same boat as Langford.

Then there is someone like Leverde who is a kid but they can probably drop a couple of others to get him into the team.

Winders is either HBF or small forward and right now, we have no small forward so I doubt he will be holding anyone back.

He actually didn’t play that well as a forward last year (apart from the WC game, where he was virtually a key forward) but had some great games of half back though.

He’d be holding quite a few back if the plan is to play him off HB again.

As I said, if we were challenging this year (which hey, we still might), he’d be icing on the cake. But I don’t reckon we’ve got the cake right yet.

Langford, Laverde, Jerrett and Fanta could all do with some game time this year, and I feel that’s less likely with Licha back in the side.

But as I said, I like him, and it’s Licha, so it’s not all bad by any stretch.

Maybe the reason we aren’t “heading anywhere” this year is because our injury list has included Cooney, Chapman, Winderlich, Myers, and Hocking.

So many weak bastards in this forum.

Licka’s the sort of guy that can change a game by 1-2 goals. Smart, calm, skilled. He wouldn’t have saved us against Freo, he might have made the difference against North though.

Licka's the sort of guy that can change a game by 1-2 goals. Smart, calm, skilled. He wouldn't have saved us against Freo, he might have made the difference against North though.

Same can be said for Chapman and Cooney.

Licka's the sort of guy that can change a game by 1-2 goals. Smart, calm, skilled. He wouldn't have saved us against Freo, he might have made the difference against North though.

Same can be said for Chapman and Cooney.

I’d be happy to never play Chapman again.