#8 Jason Winderlich

What interview?

When I need recycled timber…

Interview on EFC website with Rohan C.
Terrific interview… Winder’s had only great things to say about Bomber’s coaching knowledge. It was hard listening to the pain he went through both physically and mentally to get onto the field - sadly injuries finally caught up with him.
I am really loving Rohan’s interviews with ex-players - well done him.

3 Likes

By God the boy could play.

4 Likes

Made mention of how hard we were and in his first game he was getting roughed up, Barnard came over and said”touch him again and il bash ya”

Fk I wish we had some absolutely ruthless blokes in our side. I want to be that team. Feared. Hated. Tough

8 Likes

He’s one i always wonder ‘what if’

‘what if the injuries just ■■■■■■ off?’

4 Likes

I jumped in a photo with Barnard and my mates at the Crichton…I was a touch late so Barnard thought I was just trying to stuff up the pic…I thought he was gonna knock me out!

1 Like

Bump

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/local-footy/former-essendon-player-jason-winderlich-put-up-his-hand-as-cosenior-coach-of-thorpdale-blues/news-story/cc5d0f760cef2e265057adc2ca16b466

2 Likes

Coodabeenachampion, when fit he was elite, just couldn’t stay on the park. Loved watching him play.

12 Likes

The most talented player of his generation at EFC, in my opinion. He was quick, smart, a beautiful field kick on both feet, a reliable set shot for goal, could win his own ball, take a surprisingly good contested mark and could play mid, forward and defence.

All those injuries robbed us, big time. He was a supremely talented player.

27 Likes

this and gut running work rate, incredible forward player too, could kick a goal

3 Likes

My favourite player, still to this day.

5 Likes

I’d rate Rioli higher.

But Winders was awfully talented.

2 Likes

Sheeds REALLY made him earn his spot too.

indeed

Caldwell also stands out as a strong overhead mark

Another Essendon injury tragedy. If he played for any other club he’d be in the hall of fame. One of the most talented players to play for us in the last 30 years.
And he is a ripping bloke!

3 Likes

Bit of mayo from @Dean_Solomon !

2 Likes

Winders is right up there with Rioli, Lovett, Cupido and Dempsey as being the best “what if” players I’ve seen. All of them sublimely talented and fantastic to watch at their best, but for whatever reason (variously… injuries, fitness, attitude, being a ■■■■ bloke, being a really ■■■■ bloke - pick whichever one is appropriate… they’re not in player order…) we consistently never got to see enough of it.

4 Likes

Another example of Tullamarine turf taking another unsuspecting victim…
Oh wait…

Played a bit of junior footy with and against him

Lad was a freak

2 Likes