#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Has barely improved from 2-3 seasons ago. Kicking is either wayward or lacks any hurt factor and he isn’t even great defensively.

1 Like

He’s a skinny half-back flanker that still looks like he’s in his second year.

1 Like

I hate criticising players after a loss where the whole team is pretty complicit but Gleeson was notably bad today. His kicking is not just up to AFL standard and nor is his decision making.

1 Like

Yep.

I’m sorry, he’s a step off AFL.

Nice intercept mark but no other weapon and plenty of deficiencies.

1 Like

hahahahahahaha

5 Likes

BLACK OPS

2 Likes

That play on the HBF where he tuned to boundary and then kicked on left out on full instead of going in field onto his right will cost him his spot next week

C’mon, are you kidding me!

1 Like

Was a typical Gleeson performance.

Surprised there isn’t the player police in here up in arms defending him.

get him off the farkin wing!

I was most disappointed with a couple of his inside 50 kicks when under no pressure. Expected him to do better.

Had me wishing we could go back in time and swap Gleeson and Mckenna positionally. Get Mckenna kicking from the wing, freed of his defensive lapses. Have Gleeson back, simply sticking close to a man.

1 Like

Always thought Marty is a decent player myself but even when I try to go hard on him his hardness is something that I’d never think to attack.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/sj_2150/saydatagain_zpskwqxnqu7.jpg

He’s a average player in a average team. I can see him fizzing out like jerrett has

He was in the mid field for a couple of ball ups in the last quarter.

That tells you everything you need to know about this team.

1 Like

That it’s a highly experimental, suck it & see, work in progress in it’s infancy atm??

Agreed.

1 Like

I expected more from him, being one of the fresh players who didn’t play on Tuesday. He didn’t play like that though.

1 Like

Look more closely they are and tend to pop up more later in the week.

I feel that sentence hasn’t been highlighted anywhere near enough

He played for the first time as an outside mid against Melbourne. He might take some time to learn that position. In the meantime he does need keep eating and spend lot of time in the gym. Maybe some games as a mid in the VFL would help?

Looked so promising in the pre-season. When I first saw him play live in that Hawks game about 3 years ago I was convinced he would put on a bit more size and was going to be a ripper. He has put on some size since then but seems to have lost some of the agility he once had, and WTF happened to his disposal.

Not sure what to think now tbh