#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Too easy. Watch the Fu¢karlton match. He's best 22 now.
Concur.
He doesn't make my starting best 22 next year but he had a very good back end and has given himself every opportunity. I'd play Bags, Goddard, Irish and Dea (if we get him) ahead of him + id have an Ambrose or Brown as a third tall.

Big call this one. Surely Gleeson has shown more at AFL level than Mckenna? Marty engenders a bit more trust in me at this stage, just having that bit more game sense.

Bags Hartley/Hooker Brown/Ambrose/Francis

Dea Hurley Gleeson

I certainly understand the rationale with McKenna as that backline does lack a genuine line-breaking rebounding defender, a position that is incredibly important in today’s game. Gleeson gives a little bit of that but not to the level of the top echelon. However, I think he has a more well-rounded game than McKenna at this stage.

Will be a great summer on the track with positions in the 22 hotly contested. Some guys, hopefully McKenna is one, will improve a few notches again and ensure they get first crack.

P.S. I think Goddard will play more as a wing sort of floating wherever he likes. And Kelly, who knows at this stage.

Why does my post calling out one of the dickheads in this thread get deleted, while their bullshit about a player stands?

Same. I wrote a post making a point about how courageous AFL players are in general and I believe it got deleted. I get that the mods might want to apply a bit of censorship here and there but humbly request that they try not to be crap at it.

No idea what you posted but if it was a few days ago and quoted another “cowardice” quote then it probably got wiped. Hence my previous apology after i deleted some distasteful posts that may not have even been on topic - ie Marty.

And may i humbly request that posters try not to be crap at posting.

No, I didn’t quote another “cowardice” quote. I praised Marty and other AFL players for their bravery. Your last comment is just churlish - of course there have been some rubbish posts, that was the point of my own post. Don’t state that you don’t know what I posted, apologise and then indirectly suggest that it was a crap post.

Lol. You make a snide remark about the mods not being good at the job and then label an ironic response as churlish. Righto.

Basically, there are times where getting threads back on course involves removal of posts that arent in and of themselves a problem, but fall within the context we are trying remove and/or no longer make sense with the rest gone. Yours probably fell into that. And my apology to those who lost posts on that basis would have been genuine or i wouldn’t have offered it.

Gardening a thread is probably the hardest thing a mod has to do. And don’t apologise Sal, just do your job mate.

Cool your jets, mod lover

My recollection of last year was that Marty added some much needed pace off half back.
I’m not sure if he will be in the best 22 for 2017. He may vie for his place with Tippa and potentially Dea.

Marty is one of those guys that the supporters never put in their best 22 even though the coaches continue to select him.

He doesn't make my starting best 22 next year but he had a very good back end and has given himself every opportunity. I'd play Bags, Goddard, Irish and Dea (if we get him) ahead of him + id have an Ambrose or Brown as a third tall.

Big call this one. Surely Gleeson has shown more at AFL level than Mckenna? Marty engenders a bit more trust in me at this stage, just having that bit more game sense.

Bags Hartley/Hooker Brown/Ambrose/Francis

Dea Hurley Gleeson

I certainly understand the rationale with McKenna as that backline does lack a genuine line-breaking rebounding defender, a position that is incredibly important in today’s game. Gleeson gives a little bit of that but not to the level of the top echelon. However, I think he has a more well-rounded game than McKenna at this stage.

Will be a great summer on the track with positions in the 22 hotly contested. Some guys, hopefully McKenna is one, will improve a few notches again and ensure they get first crack.

P.S. I think Goddard will play more as a wing sort of floating wherever he likes. And Kelly, who knows at this stage.

Mckenna or Tippa play in my best HBF line purley for run. Although I agree Marty has a better all round game I think we absolutely need one attacking runner and this squeezes him out for mine.

I love Marty

The best way I can describe my view of Marty’s progress is that I think ahead to a time around the end of 2017 or early 2018, where Marty will miss a match or two due to injury and we’ll all be sitting there thinking “we’ll fk, things just don’t work as well without that skinny fella” his progress is unobtrusive but it’s progress nonetheless, and it isn’t stopping.

Since being drafted he has played under 4 coaches. He has been a regular under all 4 coaches.

I would hazard a guess that the coaches and club think he is a bit of alright.

Keep killing it Marty

Any word on his contract negotiations?

Dear Marty, please sign-up…we have gotten rid of that bully who kept calling you a foetus…

There will be more opportunities to attack off HB next year…

Drink lots of milk while on the farm, preferably the full cream type…and see you next year.

Yeh?
Well there are very good back ends and then there are backends that steal the show.

Oh, you better believe that’s a paddlin’

bum p

Still don’t know why the Laverde thread is getting all the attention. What’s going on at the Marty Party?

It gets the attention because his manager makes his negs public. Respect to Marty’s manager for not making it a show, hope he signs soon

Probably wouldn’t be popular opinion but IMO no contract talk because he is probably someone we’d have there as trade bait.

Plenty of positive characteristics but body size always going to be an issue for him. Winning one on ones, sticking/breaking tackles etc.

And yes he is a good young player I know. That’s the point, hence has currency.

Could also just be they’ve told him he staying but waiting for confirmation of other bigger contracts before his can be finalised.

We’ve got more than enough players as it is. Marty being thrown around as trade bait isn’t going to snare us anyone who’s going to do anything more than take his spot in the best 22 (which he definitely is). Really think we’d be able to trade Gleeson for some magical watch winning running half back?

Who’s his manager anyway? It’s not Jaws is it?

Despite this ‘off-season’ being like no other that we (or any other) have experienced before, just can’t see Marty not being a part of our 2017 and beyond.

He’s had a good year, and would be stunned if we shipped him off as a part of any deal.

Probably wouldn't be popular opinion but IMO no contract talk because he is probably someone we'd have there as trade bait.

Plenty of positive characteristics but body size always going to be an issue for him. Winning one on ones, sticking/breaking tackles etc.

Could also just be they’ve told him he staying but waiting for confirmation of other bigger contracts before his can be finalised.

Certainly not popular with me. I couldn’t disagree more.

Probably wouldn't be popular opinion but IMO no contract talk because he is probably someone we'd have there as trade bait.

Certainly not popular with me. I couldn’t disagree more.

Won’t be traded and won’t even be bait. A required player who is making good progress.