#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Going by the picture we passed on pick 101 but then picked Baguley? I thought once you passed that was it.

What is with people's obsession with him putting on weight. Is it really holding him back all that much if at all?

Good on ya Marty, I have always rated you and think you are building a career nicely. One of my favourites.

he needs to put on weight to be able to stick tackles, or brush off opposition tackles. At the moment guys are just swatting him away when he tries to tackle or just rag dolling him when he gets caught

His sister is awesome.

Very good.

His sister is awesome.
They all look like really good people.

The kid must have had an amazing U/13’s season to be drafted the next year.

He looks like his mum. Nice family. Glad for him.

Looking at that picture, his inability to gain weight is vastly exaggerated.

I reckon he’s now 10kg heavier than he was in that photo.

Love Marty. Hope this pre-season that he hits the weights and transforms into Monster Marty

Then we can have the Monster Mash Marty Party

Impressive thread title change.

Going by the picture we passed on pick 101 but then picked Baguley? I thought once you passed that was it.
It was a rookie upgrade.

Epic Thread Title.

Lol, looking at his brother you can see inability to grow proper facial hair runs in the family. Don’t try again Marty, just don’t…

That gif is a cracker haha.
A bit of an aside but a few years ago mum was going through and researching the family tree and I found out I am 3rd cousins with Marty through the Gleeson clan out in Warnambool.
And so ends this true story.

thanks for sticking fat Marty. Where you stuck it I’m not quite sure but thanks.

That gif is a cracker haha. A bit of an aside but a few years ago mum was going through and researching the family tree and I found out I am 3rd cousins with Marty through the Gleeson clan out in Warnambool. And so ends this true story.

i have an idea for a thread. Wether it gets legs or not is another thing.

thanks for sticking fat Marty. Where you stuck it I'm not quite sure but thanks.
:D
What is with people's obsession with him putting on weight. Is it really holding him back all that much if at all?

Good on ya Marty, I have always rated you and think you are building a career nicely. One of my favourites.

It probably does if he wants to continue to try and break tackles and be a strong contact player down the track, and makes his tackles stick more. If he’s to become the complete version of himself then he’ll need to have a strong body that’ll help him become a better and more durable player.

November 2012

September 2014

August 2016

Licha 2011 aged 27

Good on you Marty, all the best for your new 2 year contract.

Comparing the two most recent number 8’s who some say look similar, Marty probably has 6 or 8 kg to go to catch up to Licha and he is 2cms taller.

Licha started out at 184cm and 74kg an ended up at 188cm and 82kg. Marty started at 186cm and 70kg and was listed at the start of the year as 190cm and 74kg.

Hoping it all comes together for him in 2017, can see his body maturing from the first picture when he were 18 and now he has just turned 22 and has grown another 4cm and put on 4kg.

Hopefully he finds the muscle this year to fill out a bit more, definitely still needs time to develop and find his full strength.