#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Oh and it’s actually hard to put on weight if your metabolism doesn’t allow. Chances are he’s eating like crazy and barely seeing much gains despite his best effort, good luck to him though. He has the talent and marking but just needs extra strength for when the ball hits the ground to break those tackles that his talents and brain wants him to do. Every time he does he gets nailed.

Can he play footy ? I dont care , I like his legs.

Can he play footy ? I dont care , I like his legs.

That you Bruce?

LOL I thought you were doing some Pat Ambrose ish with the Licha photo.

I also read the dates around the wrong way and laughed accordingly.

Should easily cement himself in the 22 once his mother finally gives birth to him.

To the thread title changer…

Not a bad idea.

I also read the dates around the wrong way and laughed accordingly.

November 2012

September 2014

August 2016

March 2017

Good on you Marty, great pre-season

Fixed

Are our players being media coached to use Go Bombers in place of full stops?

Maybe Gerard and Melksham have a few ideas on how he can bulk up the arms.

Don’t care about his weight. Look at Kade Simpson, the only Scum player apart from Cripps I’d welcome over to the club.

Pretty ■■■■■■ sad if you've got video evidence on call, or records, of where Gleeson didn't go as hard as he could have.

I called out Jetta about 4 years ago when he took a less-than-straight path to the ball at Etihad while his GWS opponent came from behind him to win it. There were a couple of people here apoplectic about my comments and demanded video proof, which, unlike this, I couldn’t provide, but one poster, who sat in the same area (outer wing), backed me up.

I often wonder if that’s why Sheeds had no time for Ted Richards after he blatantly squibbed it against Jono Brown in about 2004-05. But his later career showed he was crazy-brave.

The only reason I have them is because it's happened in two of the last 3 games and they've been memorable for two reasons. 1. They were really poor 2. They were in close games where those things stick out more than when you're being done by 100.

As I said, I think I’m so frustrated is because he has the ability to do it as his mark of the week nomination against GWS showed. But he’s also had some poor moments over the last month in games that were on the line. It’s something he’ll need to address.

Just curious, … have you ever played senior football,??

Let alone against 6 foot four plus 100 plus kilogram rock hard monsters while being a f@rt over 70 kegs yourself?

The amount of times he does actually go in such a situation is what is extaordinary, … not that he has a sense of survival on occasions.

I’ld rather be a f@rt.

He looks like his mum. Nice family. Glad for him.

I travelled with his aunt (good title for a novel?) in Turkey back in 1988. One of the nicest people I ever met. She and the rest of the Gleeson clan LOATHE Clarkson for his cowardly hit on Aitken in the bloodbath at the Oval. Her bro Adrian (Marty’s uncle) was one of the players who was chasing Clarkson when he went and hid behind the goal umpire because he was scared they’d get him back.

1 Like

Well done Marty!
Played some gutsy footy this year!!!

Have him in my best 22 next year.

*along with with 24 other players

And in another celebration…
f

1 Like
Don't care about his weight. Look at Kade Simpson, the only Scum player apart from Cripps I'd welcome over to the club.

No Weitering love?

Don't care about his weight. Look at Kade Simpson, the only Scum player apart from Cripps I'd welcome over to the club.

No Weitering love?

Oh alright, maybe him too.

Looking at his vision from his first year, he looks to have lost some pace since putting on the extra 10 grams on his legs over the last year or two.

Oh and it's actually hard to put on weight if your metabolism doesn't allow. Chances are he's eating like crazy and barely seeing much gains despite his best effort, good luck to him though. He has the talent and marking but just needs extra strength for when the ball hits the ground to break those tackles that his talents and brain wants him to do. Every time he does he gets nailed.
lucky farker