#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Good on you Marty, glad to have you back in for 2017.

He looks like his mum. Nice family. Glad for him.

I travelled with his aunt (good title for a novel?) in Turkey back in 1988. One of the nicest people I ever met. She and the rest of the Gleeson clan LOATHE Clarkson for his cowardly hit on Aitken in the bloodbath at the Oval. Her bro Adrian (Marty’s uncle) was one of the players who was chasing Clarkson when he went and hid behind the goal umpire because he was scared they’d get him back.

Any tv footage still exist?

https://youtu.be/S8caP0k7xfw

Thanks muchly

https://youtu.be/S8caP0k7xfw

And Clarko called Lloydy a sniper!

Neeld loves a Marty Party

Oh and it's actually hard to put on weight if your metabolism doesn't allow. Chances are he's eating like crazy and barely seeing much gains despite his best effort, good luck to him though. He has the talent and marking but just needs extra strength for when the ball hits the ground to break those tackles that his talents and brain wants him to do. Every time he does he gets nailed.
lucky farker

Try doing that in your late 30s with an extremely lower physical output and see how that goes.

This guy will be our most improved player this year.

Teenage Moustache should eat Plumpy Nut the high calorie paste they give to African kids suffering malnutrition.

I thought plummy nut was when you’d gone without for a while.

This guy will be our most improved player this year.

Severely under-rated by some, in 2017 they will y realise how good he is and they will think he is the most improved.

Is he really 190cm? That’s close to 6ft 3in.

Is he really 190cm? That close to 6ft 3in.

Yeah. Almost able to pinch hit as a 3rd tall when needed.

Until he puts on some more weight he will have to make do with pinch hitting for one of the behind posts!

Big fan of Marty. His end to last season was really strong when he, as well as the team, seemed to start to play the game rather than react to the opposition.

I think continuing to have James Kelly around will be really good for his ongoing development as well. Not just for his positional knowledge, but also his role as a senior experienced player. Now that Fletcher is no longer around, Kels becomes that laid back, cool-headed senior player who has been there and done that in the team. The younger fellas grow and develop from this, you can see the influence that Fletch had on both Chooka and Hurls from the time they played down back with him.

When fit he has pretty much been picked in the team every week since his first game under Bomber. I don’t see that changing this year. Let’s hope he really brings more of that attacking run we saw in the second half of last year.

Hmm. I thought Blitz had 100% confirmed that 191cm made you too small to be a tall defender.
Hmm. I thought Blitz had 100% confirmed that 191cm made you too small to be a tall defender.

But he’s not 191cm.

Fair enough. He’s never going to hold down a KP spot, he’s never going to out wrestle a monster FF,but with height and agility he’ll often find a way to intercept or punch away the incoming ball, even against taller opponents.

Is this “Gleeson, the New Fletcher” time ?

He was great today. He doesn’t contest a mark that well but he does intercept and steal the ball very very well.

1 Like

Same height as NatRat yeah?

Should give him a go in the ruck.