#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

I will have to give him one more game before I settle on my opinion. Was poor tonight though.

I’m a fan but he was very poor tonight imo

I like Marty, but geez he makes me nervous every time he gets the ball, I’d prefer Dea.

Defended him last week, but that one was poor.

Had an absolute shocker. I was wincing when he went near it. Would give Dea a run after that

A couple of good things and shows courage in spades but geez he looked jittery at times. Was pretty poor tonight and wouldn’t want a repeat next week

My comment was too far but I don’t think he’ll have many defending him tonight.

Courage is great but it alone isn’t enough.

2 Likes

McKenna or Dea please

Except the coach who singled him out for praise.

2 Likes

That’s why he’s the coach and I’m a forum admin.

8 Likes

Was brave to intercept against Martin in the last which lead to walla’s goal and we ever he needed to be on Taylor with the band in the balance.

I’m sick of this, oh he is brave. That’s great, and there are players in the side who could take a leaf out of his book. However, he makes stupid decisions constantly with ball in hand. The sort of mistakes that guys who have played 50 odd games should not be making. The sort of brain farts that cost you finals.

3 Likes

Great summary. Not necessarily doubting his courage, but I do think that aspect is overplayed at times.

With Kelly, Baguley etc back there, don’t think Dea is the replacement. I would give Conor a month to see how he goes.

I know at times he can struggle one on one. But so does Marty.

Conor is quicker, stronger and a better kick.

Dea would more than cover his position but gleeson has Dea on pace. The last two games though he hasn’t made any difference with pace and that may be his unbringing.

He has no excuse next week(unless Woosh drops him) to have a big game against a fairly poor Carlton half forward line.

I just don’t think Gleeson is quick!

1 Like

Stays for another week. Plenty of guys had some ordinary brain fades tonight, make no mistake, after last weeks adrenalin & emotion draining win, … this was always going to be tough one up there. Systems broke down, & the panic set in at times.
Certainly wasn’t the Lone Ranger.

1 Like

You know who does think Gleeson is quick…

1 Like

I think he is only good on a small forward. The past 2 weeks he has been over powered easily. I’m more confident with dea at the moment but the coaches love marty.

I must be in the minority, I think he is good and pretty important for us. Reads the play really well, gives us some drive off HBF and doesn’t make alot of mistakes

13 Likes

Great at reading the play. Liability with the ball in hand. Thinks he is faster than he is and is a very ordinary kick.

3 Likes