#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Apparently this is irrelevant because Gary Rohan is not some sort of a physical monster

1 Like

I ‘blame’ whoever Rampe’s direct opponent was more than Marty.
That whole last throw in was an absolute shambles. Sydney with the first 2-3 players to the ball, someone left one out on the goal line.
If I was an under 15s coach and that happened I’d be ■■■■■■ off

Ridiculous to blame Gleeson for the loss. I can see you’re all ■■■■■■ off. I was too. But it’s not a one man failure.
Gleeson was great most the game. Took a couple of awesome pack marks in defense. He’s obviously a lightly framed person, who will continue to grow and develop, but he’s never gonna be no physical monster, so time we accept this and look at the positives.
Besides, he wouldn’t be in the side if we had some superstar to take his place would he?
I don’t mind young Gleeson.

4 Likes

Devils advocate: Dea would’ve won that wrestle.

2 Likes

wow what a pack of pea hearts giving it to Gleeson.

The Marty Party was back last night I thought he performed admirably and was critical at different stages of the game.

Its a team game so its a team loss.

5 Likes

Well Dea wasn’t farking playing, was he? Or are you going to go through the entire match and weigh up every single instance of Marty’s influence against an imaginary influence by Dea doing exactly the same things (or not) and then give a verdict? Otherwise - why even bother saying that?

2 Likes

To be a real smartarse, of course.

I thought Gleeson was really really good btw, maybe just outside the votes.
But Sydney might be a side where Dea is a better matchup than Gleeson.

Gleeson had a great game I thought.
Plenty went wrong in the last few minutes.

1 Like

He was very good.

1 Like

If it was McGrath in the goalsquare being outmarked by Rohan would we want him out of the he team because he is too short? Sometimes you have to wrestle with a bigger / stronger player, or someone who has better position and will lose. No blame to Gleeson whatsoever.

4 Likes

Thought he was pretty darn good last night. There were dozens of things we got wrong in the final few minutes of the game so I definitely won’t pin the blame on him. Some of our players who should know better made inexcusable errors. Hopefully that final bit of play doesn’t shake his confidence

3 Likes

He was excellent last night and i thought rohan gave away a free kick.

2 Likes

Its not gleesons fault. Its a horrendous error by the leadership. Did no one surveil the ground and go. Hmmm maybe a kpd should be there?

2 Likes

Good to see that generally Blitzers are not crucifying the kid.

One of the best he’s played for the club.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CharlieDons/status/878781207827193856

https://twitter.com/S17Carey/status/878961491054952448

Even Fletch couldn’t defend being picked up from behind, it would have been totally forgivable for Marty to take out Rohan with an elbow to the head if he had have had the presence of mind to do so, after all he would have just been trying to keep his balance.

We should be furious with Sydney’s cheating, not our own players!

9 Likes

Jeez.

Poor Marty copped it for not being in front and he actually gets rag dolled. Free kick all day.

Between that action by Rohan and blatant push in back to Belly that just sums up a trip to Sydney and umpires being woeful

5 Likes

That is just blatant cheating by those AFL rats…how can they not see Rohan pick Marty up and shove him behind himself…how much more obvious is that!!!

Thought it was his best game for the year

2 Likes

Even more so when you realize he should have been paid a free kick

If anything I just hope it makes him realize how much more he needs to push himself in the gym regardless of Rohan applying a body to body suplex