#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Honestly, when you know how many actual hard facts they get wrong… how can you even consider their opinions worth reading.

Incompetent.

3 Likes

The scary part is, by far the majority of readers never know any better. What is read, is Word.

1 Like

l knew someone would raise this furphy. On what grounds should he have been paid a free kick?

So it is okay to pick up a defender who is legally leaning back into you, both feet off the ground and throw them behind you, without the ball even nearby?

4 Likes

The rule is called ‘holding the man’.
Like everything else in this game, it is ‘interpretable’.

Under the “Holding the man” rule. One of the most basic rules of the game.
He didn’t just push Gleeson out of the way, he put both arms around him, picked him up and slung him behind.
Do you seriously think if the roles were reversed and a defender did that to a forward that a free kick would not be paid? A free kick is a free kick and not paying that one decided the result of the game.

1 Like

Get your eyes checked old man

1 Like

Another good game, couldn’t have done much more. Been impressive since coming back in the side, intercept marking has been great and his disposal has been mostly good

5 Likes

Probably our best today.

1 Like

All I can think of is that turn over in the last

How the fark did he manage that? Been studying overtime at the Trav Colyer school for elite footskills…

for a foetus he marks it well

Great game.

Even the commentators were having a dig at him being thrown out of the way last week. Especially when Hooker gave away a free for the same thing.

2 Likes

Did he die?

You can fault his size but not his endeavour.

6 Likes

Lion Heart

Gutsy litrle fella!!
Love his efforts and confidence!

1 Like

I like Gleeson but mark my words…when it comes to a big game or potentially a final he is the type of player who will cost us in a critical moment. Not his fault. He is just too weak to play one one one. I would bet my house that this will happen. Close game, elimination final, opposition kick forward, gleeson one on one, loses , we lose the game.
It will happen. I’ve warned you all.

2 Likes

That’s what she said. :frowning:

2 Likes