#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Keeps putting in good games, and fits in nicely. Courage is not an issue, he just automatically goes back with the flight.

Thanks.wouldn’t want you

Also its like being pulled into a meeting during your probationary period and being told you’re not doing good enough. You accept it and try to improve or don’t and ride it out until you’re probation is up.

3 Likes

Maybe. Maybe it’s also, and this is being outlandish, his attitude was fine, but he just had to work on a few aspects of his game.

3 Likes

Tick.

I think you mean parole period, don’t you?

Not Gleeson’s…yours!

1 Like

I reckon there would be a few players that periodically may need a ‘wake up’. But I don’t think Marty is one of them.

1 Like

Finally worked out what coaches have seen in him.

Reads the flight of the ball really well, has a pretty big leap on him, and when he interecept marks he intercepts at speed and is learning when to use it to gallop away for a rebound goal

4 Likes

Gleeson reads the ball well and since his return is leading the comp in intercept possesions. He has grown the past few pre seasons and put some kgs on since arriving at the club and is a legitimate 6 1’ third tall defender with a good spring. He is still poor below his knees and needs some pentration in his kicking. He has some areas to improve but he is a hard worker and will keep improving.

2 Likes

It would probably be more life like than his pic from the footy live app:

5 Likes

He’s 6’3" !!
Still think our best lineup has him playing one size down, and Ambrose in the side.

1 Like

Been playing much better with more offence than before and some good third man marking.

I’ll admit, I still have serious doubts though.

I think Gleeson has improved a lot this year particularly with the quality of his Intercept marking. I think he might still turn into a really good defender. He’s still only 22.

1 Like

Easton Wood 2.0

1 Like

Marty Party 1.0

2 Likes

He has been very good again tonight.

Improved his decision making immensely.
Great courage, great mark.

On his way to been an absolute mainstay of the side.

1 Like

Seriously good so far. Like having 2 Hurley’s

4 Likes

mah boy

3 Likes

Clunk city

6 Likes

Loving the intercepts and most of everything else, but two blind long kicks in a row to Carlisle could have been better.