#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Gotta give Woosher credit for Gleeson improvement. Played him and backed him time and again. Learning heaps playing alongside Sir James Kelly
Could be the new Kelly in 2 years time. Big call but possible!!

1 Like

Mini hurls

4 Likes

Best 22

2 Likes

I’ll start this by saying supercoach scores are a pretty bad way to judge a player, especially defenders. That being said, the role Gleeson plays tends to give a high supercoach score if done well. In his first 5 games for the year he averaged 46 points. Since returning from the VFL he’s averaged 84 points. That’s a solid improvement.

2 Likes

Absolutely dumped Carlisle in a big tackle at one point. Really surprised me, didn’t think he had that strength

6 Likes

His contested marking for someone his sizing is amazing

1 Like

He’s a weed but he’s a fit as ■■■■ looking weed right now. Strong through the shoulders, reaching tall, covering ground with ease. I’m really really happy to see him in great form, I’ve always tried to back him in. Here’s hoping he keeps climbing.

2 Likes

Outmarked Riewoldt

Tackled Carlisle to the ground

Wat

13 Likes

Love how he just took the game on at every opportunity, needs to maintain that benchmark now with Ambrose & eventually Francis and Ridley knocking on that door.

1 Like

Please don’t bulk up, we were wrong. Couple of ball and all tackles.
I think he took it to Beast Mode last night

1 Like

I’ll put my hand up; I wanted him delisted at the end of last year.

I was hard on him because he was mixing the courageous with a couple of short steps in the same game, my absolute pet hate. What I didn’t take into consideration was that really, when you’re 18th with a team of tips ups it would be ■■■■■■ hard to push yourself like that at every contest.

This year he looks like a completely different person. His decision making has improved leaps and bounds, he looks ten times stronger in the core and his marking is brilliant.

If ever I needed a reminder as to why I worked in FMCG and not List Management, Marty would be it.

4 Likes

When he was sent back to the 2’s earlier in the year, I felt, well, that could be it, all over for Marty. But since he’s been back, he’s been great, I’m very happy for him.

Excellent coaching too, didn’t let him.lose confidence after the Swans game.

He has done a Colyer, on a knifes edge with his career until one day it all just clicked and now he is a damn good player.

3 Likes

I remember when pics of the players were posted last year and Rioli made comment on the physique’s of all but look at Marty.

Said then he was the greyhound (sleek) of the group.

Never underestimate a greyhound.

2 Likes

This.

Don’t underestimate the constant belief shown in him by Woosher. Will make a fantastic Kelly replacement if he keeps improving at the current rate.

1 Like

People forget that he is still young. He has a way to go.

1 Like

Still see him as a future leader

Gleeson for POTW

He really proved me wrong. This is the level he needs to play at all the time.

Dare I say he was very Kelly in the way he played?

Need this every week!

Never in doubt. Welcome to the Marty party!

2 Likes