#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

I think we forget how that this bloke is still only 22 (turning 23 next month) but he’s still very much in that development phase and gradually improving. He’s also 191cm so only stopped growing a few years ago. Just wait until Francis is ready to go. between the 2 of them they’ll be intercepting to the early morn

He is growing into himself. Late developer needed time. He’s gonna be a ripper.

1 Like

Been quietly confident . Starting to put it together. Great game.

On behalf of myself and all the long-term believers:

2 Likes

Marty “Glue Stick!” Gleeson.

1 Like

Confidence is a marvellous thing.

When he was dropped earlier in the year, I had written him off.
But the form reversal from that point on is astonishing.

He lost alot of confidence from an anzac day game where he kept trying to break through tackles and kept getting caught, a few years ago. He’s now almost getting back to that player he was before that.
Backing himself in when he has the ball, running through and around players, even his skill and decision making with the ball is getting better.

Whatever they said and did with him after the dropping, bottle it and tell every player.

4 Likes

l have always liked what he brought to the team, and believed he would make it. Starting to deliver on his potential / promise. Still got a lot of upside and room for improvement. He is only going to get better. Sit back, watch and enjoy.

2 Likes

deleted

Those sticky mits.

Marty ‘gecko’ Gleeson.

4 Likes

Actually told my son “nah surely that’s Hurley” after pone of his clunks down the Footscray end. And his mate was calling him turnover king before the game. I gleefully (pun intended) kept pointing out to this kid that Gleeson was going at 100% until a late clearing kick went to a saint. Don’t think my son’s mate will be a doubter now.

His intercept marking is up there, think he’s the type to slowly improve over 10 years and be remembered as a very solid defender. Sure he’ll have the odd poor game, he’s not elite but very solid.

Understand the McPhee rep story but thread could be renamed Gleesome Gleeson, after a performance like that!

The foetus has come to life.

1 Like

Blitz 8 weeks ago: stop thinking you can do everything

Blitz now: it’s great that you have such belief you can do everything

17 Likes

For me it’s like: Oh maybe he can do everything?

New thread title should be either “Glue Stick Gleeson” or “Gecko Gleeson” IMO.

Had to watch the replay twice to be sure because I thought I was going mad, but there was about 5 times where the ball was kicked to a contested pack and Gleeson was clunky city limits.

Gleeson

Next year our back 6 is going to be as good as our forward 6, which are pretty damn good.

Saw some stat recently that since his return from the VFL he is number 1 in the AFL for intercept marks! That’s a very impressive stat. We saw that part of his game emerge last year but I never thought he was that ‘type’ of player.

Gleeson and Bellchambers proving my gut instincts wrong makes a huge difference to the side and the overall list management.

3 Likes

Isn’t that Tom Wallis?

Apologies for being late to the Marty Party.

Apparently Bomber is a good judge of a player, who’da thunk that.

Gleek the freak.

Dont underestimate Harves.

3 Likes

Been clunking more than clunk himself…Gleeson Forward?