#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Moved and attacked the game in a way that he hasn’t since his early games. Eye catching once again. Probably in no small part because he was able to outrun and out muscle his opponent. Pretty sure he was on Battle most of the night. Good match up by the coaches.

2 Likes

There are intercept marks and then there are contested intercept marks. When he first got recalled I wasn’t so impressed with them as I thought most were as a loose man staying back. Courageous if someone goes for it, good reading of the play, but not difficult when your man is up in the congestion . His marks the last two weeks are something else. Contested, pack, absolute gold plated intercept marking.

Been very impressive the last two weeks.

1 Like

Yes, yes it is

Miss him. By far the seediest player we had on the list.

Looked like he’d roll up to the vfl still buzzing from a Jake Brady set.

1 Like

See Marty’s video on the EFC website. He is so happy, says he’s been encouraged to play to his strengths, being encouraged to go for his marks.

I think the absence of Ambrose and Brown has brought out the third tall in him which has been waiting to be released. 5 more kilos should top him off though.

3 Likes

Good observation.

1 Like

Marty ‘all of the intercepts’ Gleeson

1 Like

Recently providing what Hibbo’s departure robbed us of…

1 Like

A Dean Laidley clone

3 Likes

He’s taller and cleaner than Laidley.

I remember when I wanted to get Laidley as an assistant coach, lol

1 Like

I think that’s what made Dean a great player, he played above his size, and I did think he was very clean as well.

1 Like

Cleaner want a reference to skills

Marty “Junkyard Dog” Gleeson?

3 Likes

A long way away from saying that he thinks he’s something he’s not, to stop trying to do what’s beyond him, that his physique is not AFL standard, and that he should be dropped after every game.

Where have I heard all that, I wonder?

2 Likes

No one ■■■■■ with the Glees Dog

1 Like

I love Marty

Does Marty remind anyone else of that Baddest Badass of a Good Guy ever, Peter Quinn.

1 Like

Another good game under the belt.
Really impressing me, this kid. 2018 will be a breakout year for him.

2 Likes

I’ve been pretty unimpressed this season. Don’t think he’s got it. Clubs paid attention after that really good game, and have mostly neutralised him.

1 Like

WTF???