#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Can hold his head high today.

Seriously great performance from him today and I’d say the best game I have seen him play as a Bomber.

Really stepped up in the absence of about 18-20 other players today.

7 Likes

By a mile.

1 Like

Redeemed himself for the north final.

1 Like

Well done Marty.

2 Likes

onya marty party.

if only a few of your mates had your determination yesterday. oh well.

4 Likes

The lightest bloke in the team the only one who looked able to stand against the tide.

An excellent final game in a very good year from him.

Stick that up ya, all you doubters. And take heed for the other kids you write off week to week.

21 Likes

Absolutely spot on.

Had a good game. Was one of the few who seemed to be able to play his natural game. Then again the ball spent so much time in the Sydney forward line that he was going to get a few touches.
Marty had a good year and by the second half of the year was part of the first 18 picked. His only issue is that he isn’t going to win body on body strength contests. But he seems smart enough to get around that issue in general.

1 Like

Had a decent game. Should head into next year with confidence.

1 Like

I felt like he was one of a only a few who actually played our brand of footy - ran hard, took risks, played on quickly and tried to take them on through the corridor. ■■■■■■ great effort, Marty.

7 Likes

Every couple of weeks Gleeson cops a ‘don’t argue’ from a first year player.

Jebus second look at that the St Kilda game this weekend and he was owning anything that went near him. If he gets another 5kg on him he’ll be pretty hard to get past

1 Like

Will be a Woosh favourite, and been spoken of post season by him.

Was dropped to go and work on what the coaches wanted. Did it. Came back and executed it at senior level including under serious heat in a final.

Will be a team mainstay. Should be able to continue to play like Mackie did for Cats even with 3kpd in side at times, or as 3rd tall himself.

I’m sorry for doubting you Marty party.

13 Likes

Agreed, SG. He executed it perfectly - one of the most improved players in the backhalf of the year. I think he’ll work fantastically with Saad, McKenna and Gleeson as a 3rd option.

1 Like

I effectively see Gleeson as the one replacing Kelly.

Saad replacing McGrath as the 2nd small defender/fast rebounder.

Francis/Ridley to potentially knock out Ambrose or Hartley depending on opposition matchups.

7 Likes

He’s 23. I doubt he is going to put on another 5kgs. He’s the thin wiry type of build. It’s not going to change.

Wait til he’s 35.

17 Likes

I could give him a few tips if he needs it.

1 Like
16 Likes

Love this guy.
Can never understand why he cops such a lot of crap from supporters.
Any team would love to have him.

16 Likes