#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Great highlights. Good hands, agile & brave. Have always liked him & think he’ll just get better & better.

3 Likes

He’s our Dean Laidley.
He won’t put on much more size, but he’ll get a bit stronger.

His decision making improved considerably this year, so he’s a farking lock at his height/agility.

5 Likes

And his kicking…

1 Like

Owned half a footy field that St Kilda game. That was crazy elite ■■■■ right there

And the aerial stuff, especially marking. Wow

Yep.

Have loved him since his first year when he’s had the dare to try and attack off half back as a skinny weed of a thing (now a slightly less skinny weed of a thing)
Don’t mind the odd turnover as this will improve as his confidence builds.
Backs into packs like a boss. Brass nuts this kid

2 Likes

Heppell really ruins that highlight reel near the end…

2 Likes

Courageous

Hearty Marty.

Yep, a bitter end to an otherwise impressive video to watch

…yep, a bitter end to an otherwise impressive season to watch

3 Likes

Great season from Marty (particularly the 2nd half).

I just had a quick look at his stats:

• kicks - 2nd best defender behind Hurls
  • contested marks - equal best defender with Hurls
  • Intercept possessions - 2nd behind Hurls
  • R50s - 3rd behind Hurley and McKenna (just)
  • I50s - 2nd behind McKenna
  • DE% - 3rd behind Hartley and Bags

The one black mark - frees against. He (and Hartley and Bags) infringe twice as frequently as Hurls, 3 times as often as Ambo and 5 times as often as McGrath!

8 Likes

That McGrath kid is so freakin’ polite.

6 Likes

l wonder how many of those frees are holding the ball, incorrect disposal from taking on the tackler. Gleeson gets pinged where Ambo just breaks the tackles and McGrath turns on his jets and burns off the opposition with pure pace.

1 Like

In fairness, you have to be in the rough vicinity of your opponent to infringe against them.

2 Likes

Marty seems to have that rare skill to float across the front of packs to take intercept marks. Tbh, that is better for us and him than risking anihilation in a pack trying to spoil. I would not be surprised if marty was no 1 in our team for intercept marks.

If fortune truly favours the brave then this lad is going to have a massive 2018.

1 Like

I reckon people underestimate how quick his top end speed is. When he gets going he really flys.

1 Like

takes ages to get there though.