#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

If Gleeson somehow doesn’t come up it’d have to be Dea who comes in

1 Like

Blokes don’t actually stop completely growing until they’re 25 they say. And the odd one can have a growth spurt (height wise) quite late.

I reckon we just refuse to play Geelong in pre-season games.

At least Laverde wasn’t available to be injured again.

2 Likes

It didn’t look like an ankle roll… If that is the end case it’s amazing news.

It actually got shown at one point very clearly to be an ankle roll.

2 Likes

Nothings very clear on an iPhone 5 with the AFL app.

9 Likes

Hope he’s alright. He’s fairly important to our structure, and quite a handy player.

5 Likes

You are right. Just watched the replay on the AFL app. Had to watch the clip a couple of times but it was an ankle. (looked worst lice but I guess that was because of his reaction).

The ankle rolled outwards instead of inwards which is why it would have been a lot more painful.

1 Like

If Gleeson is out for any kind of extended period, and Francis is out indefinitely, it is hard to see how they couldn’t send Hooker back. We need a strong intercept mark, and Gleeson is ■■■■■■ good at this. There isn’t really any other defenders beside Hooker, Francis or Dea that can replace that role. I like Dea, but I don’t think his kicking is good enough to be THE solution for an extended period

2 Likes

We’ll probably play Ridley whose intercept marking was a strength at U18 level.

1 Like

And kicking is sublime

Gleeson was playing well, the injurys dissapointing, hope its not too bad.

Let’s be clear.
Anyone that calls Gleeson by ‘Marty Party’… should be banned from this forum.

5 Likes

Ridley looks like he will probably be a good player. But he hasn’t played a senior game. He isn’t the answer as the main intercept mark for an aspiring top 4 team. And his skinny frame will take a beating if he is the one to consistently back into a gap.
Please send Hooker back! He was great up for and last year, but with Stewart’s improvement and Stringer’s arrival, he has to be the one to replace Marty

He’s probably got more size than Gleeson already

They aren’t sending Hooker back as cover for a Marty so forget that idea. We’ve got plenty of others there like Dea, Goddard, Ridley if he’s fit enough to do so & Redman.

Brown whilst he plays different role also will be due to be back in and he’s good at intercept game

1 Like

Actually sort of forgot about Brown. Is he injured though? Any chance of being fit for round 1?

Slight adductor strain in JLT1. So I assume should be fine for rd1.

I would have thought Hooker would replace Ambrose if he were sent back.

Dea for Gleeson probably

1 Like

It’s amazing what happens in 12 months. If this had happened this time last year the majority of us would be thinking he was replaceable. Not anymore.

2 Likes

Gleeson is a big loss and Francis just blew his biggest opportunity. I’d play Brown next, then Dea, if both them are down Ridley. If we are getting desperate, throw Lang or Lav back there.