#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Also I reckon Dea’s kicking gets a bad wrap. Just because he’s that unglamorous hard nut sort of player doesn’t mean he’s Kyle Hardingham. I wouldn’t have his kicking as any worse than Heppell’s.

1 Like

Who was defending Menzel when he kicked his 4 goals ?

1 Like

I think he’d be a very good half back. He’s too smart not to be.
But he is a very good mid. And we have 10x more need for mids than medium sized backs.

Agreed

Which may well open up the door for Langford to come in to play as a mid also.

I haven’t seen Goddard play any significant midfield time lately. When he’s on the ground it’s the back half anyway

He’s not been a designated back 6 player or even 7th defender (Kelly) though off bench.

More the mid/wing who sets up on the defensive side of square / gets back to help the defence.

I think it was mcniece which was a terrible match up considering he was giving up at least half a foot. Gleek and bj may also have spent some time in him

Really??? Not sure if that was appropriate in front of so many people.

7 Likes

clearly some pretty close checking defense going on.

1 Like

Oops, I leave that typo tough

JLT matches against Geelong in the last year have resulted in rare ankle injuries to Laverde and Gleeson - Please give Geelong a miss in next year’s JLT.

One of the knocks on him is indecision with his disposal once he gets the ball. It would allow the opposition to set up their defence too easily.

He is a massive loss. We have many players that can make a moment their own which results in a goal but not many that stop scores and momentum. Gleeson is one of very few in our team.

3 Likes

Jeez, I must watch a different person wearning No 8 then.

1 Like

foz is talking about langford, and why he cant play HB

1 Like

I think he was talking about Langford.

It was Langford.

For a midfielder, Hep is a very good mark. Always makes a contest too, and has good courage in the air.

1 Like

Was playing his best footy like he was vs Sydney, feel for him.

I choose to see the positive, that he can add even more weight to his arms now in the gym

he’s moved from foetus to teenager, maybe get him to man size by the bye and afl size by 2019.

1 Like

Gutsy player for a skinny bloke!I I’m shattered to see him out.
I wish him well for a quick and successful recovery.