#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

So Gleeson is still in the moon boot for another week and then have further xrays/MRI’s to see how well the bone has healed - Even if he gets the all clear he won’t be back until the last three or four weeks.

X Factor finals inclusion

Would be good if he does play a handful of games at the end of the season and start preparing himself for next season.

1 Like

Sounds like 3 weeks out from m the end of the season they will set him for a film pre season. Gone for 2018

Muscle wastage after 2 months in a moon boot will be massive. He’s going to have a twig leg. That’s not something you can just start playing immediately, needs to build the strength and conditioning back in his legs. Will take time to get to top condition.

1 Like

What a cruel blow that injury is. He was in good form and had a very good 2017 imo.
This season is just about a write-off. He will take a while to get strength and confidence back.
A good ‘recruit’ for 2019.

1 Like

I take it you are still talking about Hurley as a mid.
He’s about as much chance as I am.

1 Like

There literally is no one here that is a greater fan of Francis than I.
But to compare him, as talented as he is, to Gleeson at intercept marking - when Gleeson has shown at AFL level just what a great intercept mark he is - and Francis has basically not even started - is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I would like to challenge this statement as I believe it to be erroneous.

4 Likes

4 Likes

surely he can do some upper body work?

Worsfold loves him

1 Like

As did Hird and Bomber. Kid is a ■■■■■■ good footballer.

9 Likes

I don’t reckon anyone doubts he has talent

1 Like

We do have a lot of talent in the backline.

One of those cases where someone very talented is going to be pushed out.

One of my faves. Underrated as.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with your opinion. Its simply different to mine.

If anyone can play AFL with twig legs is the Gleek

1 Like

His legs got a perfect 10 from Bruce MacAvaney, who didn’t even notice his intercept marking !

imagehttps://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.RGatYB6jX4vOBTBQmapzUgHaE8%26pid%3D15.1&f=1
He’ll always be skinny, I think and have a baby face but his football really shot up a level last season and he was very reliable for us.
Hope he can get back to that standard when he returns - whenever that will be. Nasty injury.