#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

On the AFL website, the injury summary has Gleeson as 8 weeks away. Must have been a massive setback.

Credit Gallivant Photos.

7 Likes

Credit Gallivant Photos for cropping me out at the left, yes.

5 Likes

Would still be good to get him to play a few games this year even if it is just in the 2s.

H’m nice suit not the one I meant but……………………………………

Is Marty out of the moon boot yet? Its 16 weeks since the injury/surgery for a major talus fracture.

At the time, Essendonfc made this announcement “We expect Marty to be sidelined for 12-14 weeks, but through a successful rehabilitation program we believe he could be in a position to return after the bye.”

It would seem that was optimistic. eg.

"…most talus fractures require a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks of protection from weight-bearing. In more significant injuries, the time may be longer.

So, at the moment given no other information, the 16 weeks in a moonboot seems reasonable for a “major talus fracture”

I hope Marty comes back 100%, and has a good preseason ready for 2019.

3 Likes

Im worried about how much weight Marty would have put on while in the moon boot.

1 Like

Why?

And if you want to see how he looks, go to a VFL game. He’s sitting in the box every week.

Moon boot in place at Crazyburn 2 weeks ago.

I will report back from Werribee tomorrrow

I agree. All that plaster must at least double him up when weighing in.

1 Like

What a horrible wet nasty day that was. Only consolation for me was that Wally got to wear his Essendon dog jumper.

…well they got that right.

1 Like

a local marathoner did a talus injury and it has taken him over 6 months and hes still only doing underwater running.
I think its definitely season over for Marty, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Boot off!

4 Likes
9 Likes

#martyparty is cringe. someone tell the efc twitter dude to stop it

9 Likes

Did Wally go into a crowd of people, and you found it really hard to spot him…

I will see myself out

2 Likes

this be excellent

Your rude lid is cringe

my rude lid?