#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - is “absolutely stoked” to re-sign through to 2020

Would still be good to get him to play a few games this year even if it is just in the 2s.

H’m nice suit not the one I meant but……………………………………

Is Marty out of the moon boot yet? Its 16 weeks since the injury/surgery for a major talus fracture.

At the time, Essendonfc made this announcement “We expect Marty to be sidelined for 12-14 weeks, but through a successful rehabilitation program we believe he could be in a position to return after the bye.”

It would seem that was optimistic. eg.

"…most talus fractures require a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks of protection from weight-bearing. In more significant injuries, the time may be longer.

So, at the moment given no other information, the 16 weeks in a moonboot seems reasonable for a “major talus fracture”

I hope Marty comes back 100%, and has a good preseason ready for 2019.

Im worried about how much weight Marty would have put on while in the moon boot.

Why?

And if you want to see how he looks, go to a VFL game. He’s sitting in the box every week.

Moon boot in place at Crazyburn 2 weeks ago.

I will report back from Werribee tomorrrow

I agree. All that plaster must at least double him up when weighing in.

What a horrible wet nasty day that was. Only consolation for me was that Wally got to wear his Essendon dog jumper.

…well they got that right.

a local marathoner did a talus injury and it has taken him over 6 months and hes still only doing underwater running.
I think its definitely season over for Marty, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Boot off!

#martyparty is cringe. someone tell the efc twitter dude to stop it

Did Wally go into a crowd of people, and you found it really hard to spot him…

I will see myself out

this be excellent

Your rude lid is cringe

my rude lid?

You have a rude lid?

How far away?

Had the boot off at Werribee last weekend & looked almost crippled, hobbled around.

7 days later much improved, could walk normally at Windy Hill on Saturday

I have said it before but good on him for being so active with VFL team