#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

/fxd

You didn’t fix it… you broke it.

2 Likes

Gleeson is just good depth now that we have Saad and Redman down there.

I would probably still take McNeice over Marty as I doubt his 1 v 1 ability.

Lets not forget that Marty will need at least a month in the VFL before he has got his touch back etc. It’s nearly been 2 years since his last AFL game

IIRC he played 2 VFL matches this year (up to R3 against North when he had the collision that fractured his cheekbone.) He’s missed R4-7 because he couldn’t risk contact, but he still will have been doing running and weights. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him listed as “Available” after a couple of weeks in the VFL, (as opposed to needing at least a whole month,) especially as the other players coming back from injury will make the team look better as a whole. I agree though, him actually taking a spot off Redman\Saad etc is another matter.

1 Like

Oh hang on now… no need to go too far.

1 Like

Gleeson once match fit will be back on a HBF I think. Redman the 7th defender/mid

Ridley, McNeice & Francis for now just defensive cover. With Ridley getting midfield development in 2’s also.

1 Like

Gleeson could take Guelfi/Ridleys 7th defender role
and Guelfi could take a more permanent wing role where he is more suited imo, he just needs to get his hands on it more. But it would be more like Zaka/McGrath is Wing Attack and Guelfi is WIng defence lol.

1 Like

hmm I would’ve though Redman and Fetus are similar types

More similar types that Gleeks & Saad, for sure.

that is about as stupid a comment as I have ever seen. McNeice is a plodder, who has low level skills, average pace and little marking skill. Gleeson is a good mark and kick, and is over 6 foot/

4 Likes

I don’t believe Gleeson is a good kick.
Certainly, he’s not a bad kick, and I commend his dare with disposal, but he floats too many for my liking.
Similar to Heppell with regards to effectiveness by foot IMO.

3 Likes

His beard is impressive though.

1 Like

Gleeson has improved immensely in the last 18 months. If he’s as good as he sounds in this thread, his absence has probably cost us 3 wins already this year

3 Likes

Kevin Bartlett was just saying Marty should have been awarded a free kick in that Sydney game in 2017 . The first time I ever heard anyone outside Essendon fans say that. Basically at the time everyone basically said, suck **** Essendon.

7 Likes

Pretty hard to believe that wrapping an arm around someone, leaning back to lift them off the ground and turfing them to one side was a free kick

5 Likes

Do umpires actually watch the game ?
Considering there were 2 of them I am still at a loss to understand how they awarded a mark and not a free…

1 Like

It’s an Essendon thing

1 Like

don’t get me ■■■■■■■ started

Reckon it might be about time for Marty to make an appearance. Move Redman up into Gueli’s spot and bring him in.

4 Likes

That or Zaka back into midfield

I definitely think it’s time. Gleeson was very good last week in 2’s, hopefully gets through well this weekend also and in he comes.

3 Likes