#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

And was asked to play undersized against a bigger opponent who torched hooker

7 Likes

Exactly. Playing on Cameron ffs

Some harsh critics here after 18 months off.

We are a way better balanced team with him in it.

2 Likes

I thoight he had a dog of a first quarter and was pretty reasonable after that.

Ambo out for Franga would’ve thrown out a fair bit of their planning. And GWS have 3 or 4 absolute gun forwards, don’t need much space to do some damage.

3 Likes

The leader in the Coleman none the less.

Amazing to think he’s never even played with Saad.

3 Likes

Wish he could teach Saad to intercept and run dynamically

4 Likes

01:13 “I’m stoked to be back…”

4 Likes

Maybe Ridley wing longer term? I like Gleek down back, disposal bit loopy compared to Rids but he reads it it well in defence.

Either way, I want Rids in too.

1 Like

That was an excellent first qtr from Gleeson

10 Likes

He was very good today

9 Likes

Agreed. I was critical last week and have never been a huge fan. But if he keeps up today’s level he’s clearly best 22

2 Likes

He just makes good decisions and chooses the right options the vast majority of the time.

Picking up right where he left off.

6 Likes

Solid game from Marty

3 Likes

Not much of him, but really puts his body on the line.

Working back to form.

2 Likes

I thought he’d jumped too early against Papley I think it was, but it was a perfect fist to put it out of bounds.

2 Likes

Got a leap, has Gleek. I think genuine third tall option and ahead of Franga if that’s where the coaches see Frang. Yesterday Gleeson did a lot of the intercepting work that Frang would normally do. Plenty here will disagree I’m sure

He’s on his way back!

He didn’t lose too many one on ones, if any. Had Heeney at crunch time and completely out pointed him 3 times in the air

JThought the fetus played very well against the swans. His intercept marking is slowly gettting back to what it was. A very handy all-round defender.

The down side with Gleeson is that he was always a skinny twig during his career. Regardless, he still improved in the 2nd half of the 2017 season to the point where he was BOG in our finals belting. Fast forward to that next pre-season where after many pre-seasons the fetus finally put on some bulk and looked like an AFL footballer…then he did his ankle and disappeared for 1.5 years. Quite sad when he looked like he was coming into his prime.

Questions still remain as to whether he will reach the heights he was about to get to prior to injury. But so far it’s positive signs. There’s definitely a spot for him as that 6th/7th defender alongside mainstays Hurley, Hooker, Francis/Ambrose, McKenna & Saad. I rate Ridley but he will struggle to find a spot in that backline when everyone is fit and Gleeson is working back towards top form.

1 Like