#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

That puma top makes him look swole, but apparently he’s lost a bit of weight (so more midfield minutes) and is exactly where they want him to be.

3 Likes

A little.

I hope he is, we need him back to his best.

He reminds me of another bloke who wore the number 39.

Hard, tough, not flashy, not overly quick, but does the basics well. Keen to see him develop.

3 Likes

He looks fit as to me.

That’s almost a haiku.

2 Likes

Dimma Hardwick?
Certainly not Gavin Keane or David Starbuck.

1 Like

Nor Ben Haynes.

2 Likes

Walla looks like a mudguts even when he’s in the middle of a game deep in footy season. Just how he’s built.

1 Like

Man mountain

1 Like

Surely he’s talking about Hocking.

Note: He was comparing Mynott (not Gleeson, even though it;s the Gleeson thread)

1 Like

And surely I was being deliberately obtuse.

1 Like

ah yes…I should have realised that :slight_smile:

I wasn’t overly happy about Crow’s comments about Gleeson.
I thought his ankle would have been fully recovered and he just needed to slowly build a new fitness base this pre season.
To hear that he still has “a few per cent” to go in terms of strength and function in his ankle is disappointing.
He is still not fully there.

yeah if i was Crowey id be giving Gleesons akle a real stern talking to about the standards this club has for ankles

9 Likes

He spent most of the year in a moonboot.

I don’t think he would get back to a 100% with a few weeks training.

The time spent in a moon boot was in excess of expectations. It was a major fracture with serious potential complications and a conservative approach is to be applauded. Its not like we are short of half backs.

3 Likes

I am disappointed with the non-disappointed attitude you’re showing here.

3 Likes

I AM DISSAPOINTED WITH YOUR SERVICE!!

I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER RIGHT NOW!!!

Shows the full extent of just how bad an injury Marty suffered. l am glad they are taking a conservative approach. Get it right, before building up.

2 Likes

Reminding myself on how bad it was: "A major fracture to the front of the talus and a minor dislocation to the subtalar joint in his foot,” Essendon football manager Dan Richardson said.

“While this is an uncommon injury, we are fortunate he is in the safe hands of our medical team and Mr Andrew Oppy who will conduct the surgery this morning."

Since an ankle would be full weight bearing you have to be right to get back up to normal loads. He may be behind the others by round 1 but if he is back to expected fitness by mid to late season then that’s fine longer term.

1 Like